Thursday, March 26, 2009

Believe in the Future of the Pink Elephant


Whhhatttt?? LOL! Sorry, that title just sorta typed itself! Kind of a cross between the name of my card and the challenge I made it for! But hey it got you to read my blog today didn't it? LOL!

So my day started off with drizzly grey weather and my stomach growling! Must feed baby! I whipped up a double batch of biscuits and gravy and got my family fed. Then we all scattered into the wind--or rather, they left me to go do "man stuff"...but before they left, my hubby snagged the mail and I almost jumped him trying to steal the padded envelope I saw in his hands. But I restrained myself--until I closed the door...then I wasted no time ripping into it and finding my beeeeautiful new Paper Makeup Stamps. Woohoo!

Unfortunately, I REALLY needed to just put them down as I am 3 days behind in homework that is due on Tuesday when I go back to school. But my new little fairy Sprout was just calling my name soooo sweetly...but NO! I resisted and turned my back on her. I made myself do two loads of laundry, 2 pages of homework, grocery shopping, lunch and organised all my paper (scraps, cardstock and patterned paper) before finally taking her out of her little bag and stamp her out.

The card I used her on is for this week's Pink Elephant Sketch Challenge. (aha you say...there's the elephant) I really really liked this sketch and planned and plotted out my layout. We needed to use a textured paper in the background, so I dug through my embossed cardfronts to find one the color and design I wanted. Luckily I had two to choose from. I decided to make a very girly card using pink, green and white together. I paper pieced Sprout's outfit, cause I didn't like the darkness my markers were producing...and since I had two pieces of coordinating paper, it worked perfectly! The rest of the image was colored with BIC, Prismacolor and Copic markers. Sparkle was added to the image using my trusty bottles of Stickles: to her wings (using "stardust") and the water in her hands (using "waterfall"). I used my Martha Stewart Doily edge punch for the scallop, added some ribbon and then 3 pink gems in the corner. I didn't like all the blank green space so although it looked alright I decided to do...MORE...

I went over all the embossed vines and birds with a glue pen then added some Doodlebug glitter and boy it sure sparkles now! I don't like that you can't see the sparkle in this first picture, so here is a pic so demonstrate the sparkliness of the card.

I actually decided to decorate the inside of this card for a change. I'm not really an "inside-the-card-decorator" so this was just continuing my inspiration! LOL! I kept the inside basic and just added a cute sentiment (also PMS) and some layers.


And there you have it...my first card made with dear little Sprout. She is sooo much fun to stamp that I know you'll be seeing her again in the very near future!

Card Details
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Image/Sentiment: "Sprout" and "Plant & Believe"(PMS); Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Coloring: BIC, Prismacolor, and Copic (E00) Markers; Paper: CS-Pink, White, Olive (Paper Studio), PP-Pink Paisley/Stripes (Paper Studio); Misc.: adhesive gems, Doodlebug Sugar Coating glitter, glue pen, Stickles (listed above), dimensionals, 1/8" pink grosgrain ribbon, doily border punch (MS), and corner rounder

And one last little reminder--don't forget to visit Paper Makeup Stamps now before the April pre-order sale is over on March 30th! You only have a couple more days to stake your claim on the new Dayspring Fairies, animals and sentiments at a discount...if you don't do it now, you are going to have to wait until the release actually sells--and you aren't going to get that discount!

Well, I supposed I need to get back to my homework--American Idol is on tonight, and I don't want to miss seeing Megan going home (please oh please oh please).

Thought for the Night:

"To plant a garden is to believe in the future."

14 Words of Love:

Sprytebyrd said...

Love it! Colors, Image, Sparkle, Sentiment - all of it!

NormaJean said...

Lisa, im having a real hard time trying to like these stamps, but after seeing what you do with them makes me think about them more, I have one digi one havent made anything with it yet thou. I just love your cards lisa very pretty.

Robin said...

Beautiful card! I love that stamp...I am so going to have check this company out. Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week!

Ann said...

Oh my how did you fit all that in and still have time to make a gorgeous card. I love what you did with the embossing and the image is so lovely.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

lakind said...

Fabulous card, Lisa! Glad you sneaked out some time to make this! I love her paper pieced and I love the little sprout on the inside...very clever!

Lisa

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

this is adorable! I LOVE how you did the inside of the card!!!!

Christi said...

This is gorgeous Lisa!!!

Stephanie said...

really sweet card!

Erin... said...

so pretty! love the sparkle!

Carol said...

Such a cute image and i LOVE what you've done to the background...just fab!
thanks for playing along this week :)

Hugs
Carol x

Meli Mitchell said...

Oh, beautiful! Love how you did the inside of the card too.

Chrissie said...

This one is a real cutie!
Chrissie

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so pretty love all the layering. Great job paper piercing. Love that punch I can seriously use it on all my cards!

Angela said...

This is beautiful! Love all the detail...

Thanks for joining us at TPE!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps