Sunday, March 22, 2009

Be Still


It's been about 2 months since my mom asked me if I could make her a notecard set. She likes to write cards to the elderly ladies who attend her church and wanted something from me to send. When she heard that I had purchased four new scripture stamps from Verve, she asked if I could create something using one (or more) of those. Today I FINALLY completed her set and I must say that I surprised myself! This started out as a simple 4pc notecard/envelope set and evolved into a 4pc notecard/envelope set with matching box! LOL!

I've never made four identical cards before, so that was fun to do. I stamped out my scripture four times and cut them out to the same size. I then cut out four pieces of cardstock for layering. I matched my cardstock color with some funky patterned paper and cut out four strips. I used my doily edge border punch on each of these and set it aside. I next measured out and cut out my ribbon. Now I laid it all out in four piles and just started attaching everything! Honestly the thing that took me the longest was deciding where to put the scripture on the card! After about 20 minutes of moving it around I decided that I needed to fill up some of the white space. I pulled out some of my flourish stamps that I haven't used very much and *viola* and idea was born. I stamped the flourishes in blue ink and then added some tiny adhesive crystals in the curls. These pretty white flowers are actually taken off of a fabric flower bunch I bought for $1. I'm sooo buying another one when I go back, cause I love these flowers! I put a silver brad in the middle of them and spaced them out. To add a bit more bling, I used some small adhesive crystal gems for the flower centers. Now it was easy to attach the scripture to each card. I went around the edge of the scriptures with Stickles (using Diamond) and liked the way it finished the card.


For the notecard box, I looked at several different tutorials and decided on the Pizza Box. I had to adjust the measurements to fit my notecards, but that was easy to do. For decorating, I used the matching ribbon to go around the side of the lid. I used about four mini pieces to make the funky bow. The top was decorated similarly to the notecards. I used the same flourish design, but stamped it in black. Then added the tiny gemstones and flowers as I did before. This time I stamped the scripture and punched it out with my scallop round punch and inked the edges with blue. I traced over the words "I am God" of the scripture using "Diamond" Stickles to make them pop. I attached the top piece to the top of the box.

I'm really in love with this set. It was fairly easy to make once I got all my decisions made and I know my mom will love it. My only regret is that I didn't have the Swirly Tree by Paper Makeup Stamps to use instead of the flourish! I'm sooo buying it in my next order!

Here is a pic of the completed set:


Project Details
Card size: 4.75 x 3.75
Box size: 5" x 4.5 x 1"


Sentiment: "Be Still" (Verve) and Flourish (from stash); Ink: "Graphite Black" (Brilliance), "Lime" (Stampabilities) and "French Blue" (Colorbox Cateye Liquid Chalk); Paper: CS-Blue (Paper Studio), CS-White (GP) and PP-Green/Blue ($1 Store); Misc.: Four white notecards w/envelopes (paperbilities), mini and small adhesive crystal gemstones, Stickles (listed above), sheer white ribbon, mini silver brads, doily edge punch (marthastewart), scallop round punch (marvy), corner rounder (marvy), dimensionals, and red line tape

3 Words of Love:

Tina said...

They are awesome!

Danni said...

So pretty! You did a great job!

Michelle said...

lisa..these are so beautiful...your mom will love them i'm sure
as always..something so lovely from your creative mind...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps