Monday, March 30, 2009

Baskets


So this week's Monday challenge over at the PMS blog is Baskets. I decided to attempt some baskets, even though I know that me and certain projects just don't get along. I looked around at a couple different tutorials and decided that Cambria's Batty for You Basket looked easy enough for me to try. And it really was! Super easy! I even tweaked the measurements to make a larger basket. But for some reason, even though it was easy to make--I couldn't decorate it for the life of me! I'm just not sure what was going on! LOL! So I just left my baskets really plain. Maybe after seeing some of the way's the other PMS DT members decorate their baskets I will attempt this again.

Basket Details
Basket #1 has a 2" square base
Basket #2 has a 3.5" square base
Image/Sentiment: Butterfly from "Buggy Sayings", "Plant & Believe"(PMS); Ink: "Tuxedo Black" (Memento); Paper: CS-yellow and green (Paper Studio), PP-"girl flowers" (Paper Studio), PP-blue/green stripes (from stash); Misc.: brads, fabric flowers, Stickles (yellow), Threading Water border punch (fiskars), corner rounder

I received two, well three, surprises...The first is that I won a $5 gift certificate for SU products over at The Pink Elephant. Woohooo!! The second is that I made the Top 5 over at CCC! It was my cute little monster card that did it! My last surprise, we only a partial surprise--in that I knew I was getting it, but not what was inside of it! It was my prize for the Hanna Stamps Blog Hop I participated in. I won one of the blog candy's and Krissy sent out surprise packages! So what was in mine?? My very own first ever Riley stamp (well, it's actually Sophie), a package of designer brads and a package of square pewter brads! I'm very excited about using that stuff! Thank you Krissy!!

Today I HAVE to get all the rest of my homework done. No if's, and's, or but's about it! It's due tomorrow! No more procrastination!!! But.....I probably will "find" time to be a bit craft today. I want to use my new Riley and some other stamps that have been neglected in my love for my PMS stamps...

5 Words of Love:

Tina said...

So pretty, plain or not. Love it!
Congrats on all that stuff, wow, so happy for you.

Kim said...

Those are so precious!

Meli Mitchell said...

Oh they are not so plain. I like them a lot!

Toothy said...

Beautiful love that butterfly.

Carisa said...

gosh you are super duper lucky! lol love all your little baskets.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps