Saturday, February 21, 2009

Twinkletoes x 2!


I broke out another one of my new stamps I bought from Stamping Bella last night and had a blast using it! I am just in love with the Huggabug stamps and I'm loving my Twinkletoes! She is soooo much fun to color and decorate!

I used her for my entry for this week's Dutch Dare Challenge: Yellow and Green. I colored her using my BIC markers and then using my one and only Copic (skin white) for her face, arms and legs. This card incorporates a soft yellow and green and I just love the way they compliment each other. I added a piece of embossed cardstock (Swiss dots) for a little texture as well as going with fiber instead of ribbon. My little Twinkletoes has a tutu of "Lime" stickles with a "Frosted Lace" sash. I dabbled a bit of "Stardust" Stickles on her wings and added a tiny adhesive crystal gem to her antennae. I used three baubles at the top of the card as well as a double layered paper flower. The brad in the center is a yellow one, but I coated it with "yellow" Stickles. The sentiment itself is from a sentiments collection I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I just like the happiness this card portrays.

My second card uses the same sentiment and image, but with a different color scheme. I love purple and love my little card. This image just offers so many different color combinations for making Twinkletoes's Tutu! This is a new layout for me, one that I scraplifted from a card in my latest Card Maker Magazine. I used "Lavender" and "Frosted Lace" Stickles on her little tutu and once again added the gems on her antennae. I used BIC markers like before and this time used a purple metallic marker for the faux stitching. I would never be able to draw those in straight lines without my stitching template that I bought this past summer.

This is another card that I'm sure will find a good home soon!

Card Details (for both):
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Image/Sentiments: Huggabug Twinkletoes (Stampingbella) and "Smile"; Ink: "Graphite Black" Brilliance; Coloring: BIC and Copic (skin white) Markers; Paper: CS by Paper Studio and Georgia Pacific, PP from stash; Misc.: gemstone brads, baubles, metallic gel pen, embossed folder (swiss dots); paper flowers; yellow fiber; adhesive crystals, Stickles and dimensionals

3 Words of Love:

Heather said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! Hannnah colored one today too and she colored it all green!!! Great card!!! I cant wait to make one with her myself! :o)

Karin said...

Those cards are s o very sweet.
I love the gorgeous image and lay-out of your cards.
Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

xoxo karin

MamaCass07 said...

I am in love with these two cards! they are SOOO sweet! I like the details, and love that huggabugg, of course!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps