Monday, February 02, 2009

True Friend

Happy Groundhog Day! That silly rodent says we're going to have 6 more weeks of winter. He should have just stayed in the ground! I'm ready for spring!!! Because I'm ready for spring, I was inclined to use cheery colors on my cards today. That and I received my new Card Maker magazine and it is full of springtime!!

This card is my entry for this week's PaperTake Weekly Challenge. The theme for the week was "Flowers or Hearts". Oh, what a simple theme this is for someone who would add a flower to every project if it would work! I opted to use yellow as my main color and enjoyed coloring yet another one of the Sarah Kay images I received from Heather. Okay, so it's not technically another one...but rather the same one again. Can I help it if I'm in love with this little girl??

Anyways!
I decided to make her a cheery yellow and enjoyed matching her dress with a nice textured yellow cardstock. I pulled out my favorite piece of brown cardstock for the coordinating color and am very happy with my finished project. To add just a bit of sparkle I treated the white flower with a smidge of "Stardust" stickles on each petal. I've been trying very hard to use buttons on a more regular basis, so finding three little brown ones just really balanced this card out. I chose to use a friendship sentiment for this card and pulled out some rub-ons. The tiny words "True Friend" just seem to go with this card. I'm VERY happy with my finished result.

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Image: Sarah Kay "Time for an Apple Pie" (Stampavie); Coloring: BIC Markers, Prismamarkers, "skin white" Copic; Paper: CS White (Georgia Pacific), Textured CS Yellow (paper Studio), Mulberry CS Chocolate (Paper Co.); Misc.: 3/8" chocolate satin ribbon, white fabric flower, yellow paper flower, lacey border punch (marthastewart), corner rounder, white gel pen, brown medium brad, brown buttons, friendship sentiment rub-ons

I have plans to try out some of the card designs in my new magazine as well as whip up some cards for some challenges for this week...we'll see what I can do...cause tomorrow I FINALLY go back to school after being off last week due to the weather. I've missed it!

8 Words of Love:

Sprytebyrd said...

Very nice, Lisa - I love how it turned out!

Madge said...

What a really pretty card Lisa, I think the image is lovely.

Debbie said...

Such a pretty card Lisa, I love the cute image and the colours are beautiful. Debbie x

Nicola said...

Your card is stunning, I love this image and your colour combo. -x-

aardvarkpest said...

Very pretty card. Love the yellow and black.

Glenda

Organic Meatbag said...

Whew...for a minute I thought you were going to say that Punxsutawney Phil was your friend...he is NOBODY'S friend in Kentucky right now...hehehe...

Cardmaking Galore said...

this is really sweet"

steph said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps