Sunday, February 01, 2009

Stampin' Saturday

Whew! I was a card making queen yesterday! My mojo was hot and flowing and I finished 3 cards. Oh yeah, so that doesn't sound like much, but I'm a one card a day kind of person. LOL! Part of the reason I had mojo flowing was that I received a RAK card kit in the mail yesterday and I recieved another swap package which provided even more inspiration! So, let's get started!

The first card is a simple "Thank You" card I made for one of my friends who just sent me something out of the blue that I've been wanting, but never asked for. She was just so sweet, that I had to make her a sweet card in return. The layout for this card was taken from a Card Maker (Jan 2009 pg. 70). I really like the look of faux stitching and this layout was full of it! I used my faux stitching template and I also paper pierced freehand. I used my white gel pen and a prismamarker for the "stitches". A very simple sayout to follow, the look is just too cute. And who can resist using Changito?

Card Details
Size: 5.5" x 4.25"
Image/Sentiment: Changito Solo (Stampendous), "Thanks" and inside Sentiment from "Many Thanks" (SU!); Ink: "Coal Black" (Ancient Page); Medium: BIC markers, Prismamarker; Paper: DSP and CS (Paper Studio); Misc.: "Cinnamon" Stickles (Ranger), pink dot ribbon, metallic adhesive gems, stitching template, white gel pen (signo)

The next card was made using materials that I received in my card kit RAK. I had never seen this Riley, nor had I ever seen the matching sentiment (which just makes me giggle!). I received that bit of ribbon in the package too, and I decided to color coordinate the knitting the cute moose is doing to it. I dabbled a bit of Lavender stickles on the knitting for a bit of sparkle. This card layout can also be found in the same Card Markers magazine as the last one, but on page 20. The flower brads are just the regular metal ones, but I added a purple gem in the center of them. I liked the way it looked much better that way.

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Image: Riley and sentiment from a RAK (Hanna stamps); Medium: BIC markers; Paper: CS White (Georgia Pacific), Purple (paper studio); Misc.: "Lavender" Stickles (ranger), varigated ribbon, silver flower brads, adhesive purple gems, lacy edge border punch (marthastewart)

And I've saved the best (IMO) for last...I created this last card after going through a swap package that I received from Heather. She must have the awesomest supplies, because the ones she shared with me...Oooh-la-la! But I have to admit that I was the MOST excited about the images she sent. She sent me some Sarah Kay images! And not only that, she happened to send me images of the two stamps that I've been lusting after! How's that for coincidence! Now I get to try them out before I buy them! And boy, was this image a JOY to color. My only problem was deciding what colors to use! To keep the white obvious, I just used a very very light grey prisma marker to go over some of the lines in the areas I wanted to leave white. It worked great! Once the image was colored, I decided to skip the patterned paper and just let the image do the talking. I used a piece of embossed card stock (swiss dots) which I edged with the same BIC marker that I used on the dress. Then I kept everything else simple and just went with some nice chocolate satin ribbon.

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Image: Sarah Kay "Time for Apple Pie"; Medium: BIC markers, "skin white" Copic; Paper: CS White (GP), Brown (Paper Co); Misc.: "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, 3/8" chocolate satin ribbon, white gel pen (signo)

Whew! So that's my card making for yesterday. I did that in-between pulling my boy on a sled outside! I'm so happy that I can finally DRIVE somewhere, as my SUV has been stuck in ice since Monday! But my DH hooked a towrope to my vehicle and pulled it out of the ice with his truck. Yay! Now I can finally mail out some packages that have been done, and just waiting to go to the post office! We were very blessed that we didn't lose power in the storm. Just across the river, there are about 5 counties without power and some of them may not get power until Wednesday!

Happy super bowl day to everyone! We are just going to get together at the IL's and watch it this evening. This is the ONLY football game we watch all year, so we make it a big even with pizza, chips, ect...I wish we were on the West Coast though...cuase then I would start watching it at 3pm and it would be over by dinnertime! LOL! But here, it will be over around my son's bedtime. Hmm, wonder what the commercials will bring...? And I have several sets of those 3D glasses stores have been handing out...curious to see what they will reveal...

Have a great weekend ladies!

1 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps