Friday, February 06, 2009

A punchy thanks


So i played around with some new paper last night and created this super cute card...Where did I get that Fab paper you ask? Why in the $1 bin at Michaels!! I picked up a package in green and in blue! Great price, great paper! While I'd love to say that I thought up this layout myself, the design for this card comes from a Card Maker (January 2009) issue. Their card has an extra step where you add on a piece of flower transparency, but I didn't have that last item, so left my card as it is...

While you can find the directions to this card in the Card Maker magazine, I'm including the steps that I did, as I changed some of the sizes and added a couple things.

1. Make a 5" x 5" top-folded card from cardstock.

2. Center and adhere a 4.75" x 4.75" piece of white card stock to the card front.

3. Adhere a 3.75" x 4.75" piece of printed paper to the card front about an inch from the right edge.

4. Punch a scallop circle through the lower right corner of the card front.

Depending on the thickness of the cardstock you used, this could be hard to punch. I had to work and work to get mine to punch, but it finally went through.

5. Stamp sentiment on white card stock; punch out with a 1 3/8" circle punch and adhere inside the card with dimensional, so that it shows through the circle opening.

For this step, I used a round "Thanks" embellishment. You can use anything you want, but it just needs to fit inside your punched out scallop and you need to pop it up with a dimensional.

6. Using a white gel pen, trace the scalloped edge onto the inside of your card. Add doodledots as desired.

7. Wrap ribbon around the left side of the card front (going through the scallop punch); tie a knot and trim.

8. Use 1/8" hole punch, punch two holes in the upper right corner of the card a little bit apart. Add brads.

*viola*

Card Details
Size: 5" Square

Paper: CS Black (Paper Studio), White (Georgia Pacific), PP Green Floral (Colorbok--$1 bin at Michaels!); Misc.: 3/8" Black grosgrain ribbon, medium black brads (SU!), "Thanks" Adhesive bubble accents (Craft Essentials), 1 7/8" round scallop punch (Marvy), signo white gel pen

I was very happy to receive some Sarah Kay and Sugar Nellie images in the mail today from two of my very good friends. I can't wait to use them!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Tomorrow night my family is attending an annual winter dance and we get to get gussied up for it. I couldn't find myself a new dress, so I'll have to find something in my closet. I promise to take pictures!

4 Words of Love:

Julia said...

This is very cute. Love the colors you used.

Cheryl Walker said...

I love the colors and the design paper on this, tooo sweet!!!!
As for my bows, my mom showed me years ago how to make bows, and Ive loved doing them for christmas and birthdays ever since then. I now have been working with the ribbon treatments, and they are sooooo soooo easy. I just take a few different ribbons and tie one around them all, and sometimes add buttons to them :) Thanks for visiting, and have a wonderful weekend!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Courtney said...

OOOOOOO AHHHHH! This is adorable! I love the colors and the punched out corner really adds dimention to the already cute card!

Jessabells said...

Oh so cute that card.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps