Monday, February 16, 2009

Paper Makeup Color Challenge


The Paper Makeup Stamps blog is hosting their first challenge! The challenge for this week is a color challenge using Pink and Grey. I don't have any patterned paper to my knowledge that is both of those colors, so I knew I was going to have to use cardstock. I was able to find this very pretty pink print which I was given by a Secret Sister this past week. It was perfect for pairing up with some grey and pink cardstock. My card base is a pre-made embossed white square notecard. I used textured grey and pink cardstock with my usual Georgia Pacific White. While we didn't have to use Paper Makeup Stamps for this challenge, I went ahead and used my one and only set "Buggy Sayings". As I have done before, I stamped the butterfly onto a piece of paper and then made him pop up with dimensionals. To make him coordinate, I used my 1/8" hole punch and punched some of the patterned pink paper and added the dots to his wings. I finished him off, by tracing his outline with "Black Diamond" Stickles and going over the dots themselves with "Diamond" Stickles.

I intially had sewn a zig-zag stitch along the right hand side, but when the card was all put together I didn't think it provided the "finished" look I was going for. I opted to use this pretty piece of lace instead. I used some baubles to help fill in the grey space and then added a double flower (pink and white of course!) to the lower left corner using a medium sized brad.

Card Details
Size: 5.25" Square

Image/Sentiment: "Buggy Sayings"(PMS); Ink: "Coal Black"(Ancient Page); Paper: Textured CS in pink and grey (Paper Studio), CS in White (GP), PP in pink from stash; Misc.: paper flowers, grey brad, "Diamond" and "Black Diamond" Stickles, paper piercer, white flower border lace, silver metallic gel pen, "Daisy" edge scissors(fiskars), baubles

All in all, I like the look I finished up with. I think if I keep forcing myself to go outside of my box with designs I'll be able to produce more classy and elegant cards--even with the limited "name brand" supplies that I have. Which is my ultimate goal!

I hope that you will go to the Paper Makeup Stamps blog and check out the challenge for yourself. The prize is a free stamp from the new release happening on March 1st! And the great news is that you don't have to necessarily use a stamp made by PMS for the challenge!

So what are you waiting for? Start stampin!

5 Words of Love:

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card!! Thanks for sharing!!
-t

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

Fantastic job!

Meli Mitchell said...

Simply Gorgeous!

Cassie said...

i saw this on scs and loved it then!!

MamaCass07 said...

Have I mentioned that I am IN LOVE with this card?? Its SOOO classy! SOOO elegant! You really did a FABLULOUS job!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps