Friday, February 20, 2009

Build a Card Challenge and a glimpse of a Turtle Tot!

I am super excited to share that I was chosen as the Friday Feature stamper on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog!!! This is just such an honor to me as I've been trying very hard to improve my style and level of card making. Thank you very much, Katie!!! It's quite a pat on the back for me!! *mu-ah!* If any of you haven't checked out Katie's fabulous stamp line Paper Makeup Stamps, then you totally need to do it! She has a new release coming out March 1st that has all of us fans salivating! She has been sharing some sneak peaks of some new fairies and they are just FABULOUS!

One of my online stamping groups is running a really fun challenge called "Build a Card". Each day the host provides a step in the process of making a card. Each person following the challenge has to follow the step as it's stated--no extras. I thought that I would share the steps we've gone through and what my card looks like so far.

Step #1: Pick a card base, an envelope and a piece of cardstock for your card front

I chose a minty green cardbase with a piece of white cardstock cut about 1/8" smaller (all around) and then a white envelope.

Step #2: Add two pieces of patterned paper

I've been eyeballing this patterned paper for awhile and knew I was going to use it for this challenge...which is why I chose the mint green base to begin with! Even though I don't know all the steps in this challenge, I went ahead and sketched myself a little layout to follow which I will adjust as each step continues. This step did kill me since I couldn't layer my paper...

Step #3: Add ribbon to your card

I am super frustrated that this picture really distorts the color of the ribbon. The ribbon is actually a very cute pale pink with white double-stitching.

Step #4: Add a layered image to your card

This has been my favorite step so far! Cause I got to use my BRAND SPANKIN' NEW Turtle Tot stamp from StampingBella's latest release! Isn't it soooooo adoreable??? I used BIC markers for the flowers, grass and turtle body. Then I switched to Prismacolor Markers for the turtle shell. I am sooo happy I decided to buy this image and after using him definitely plan on trying to get the others in the Turtle Tots line. oh yes, and I did add some Stickles to the flowers...of course!

Step #5: Buttons! Add buttons!

I was NOT expecting to put buttons on this card...I was hoping for brads or gems...but I managed to find 3 greenish buttons and to make them more fun, I added a bit of "Diamond" Stickles to them!

Step #6: Add or do something to 2 corners on your card

Two corners...well, I didn't really want to do anything to my main corners, so I added a bit of faux stitching to the smaller piece of patterned paper. A Cop-out?? Maybe! LOL!

Step #7: Add a flower and a brad

My brad is the center of my flower!

1 Words of Love:

Anita Hovey said...

Interesting challenge...I would find that really hard. That turtle is sooo cute...can't wait to get my images :)

I've left something for you on my blog today :)

www.hoveyhut.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps