Wednesday, January 21, 2009

White Elegance


Can I just say how much I love white cardstock? It's so pure looking. So clean. And when it's put onto a card, it can really make something turn out so elegant. For a challenge on a card making group on Cafemom.com, we had to find inspiration from this wedding cake and produce a card using exclusively white cardstock. We were allowed to bring in color through embellishments or images. I knew right away that I was going to love making a card for this. By keeping the background simple with white, you are allowed freedom to choose more striking colors to showcase embellishments, or in this case, ribbon. I chose to use some ribbon that I think is gorgeous and match everything else to it.

I have to thank my friend Jessica for sending me some of the Top Note diecuts! I've been dying to have some and thrilled to be able to use one on this card. You are the BEST! For my card base, I used a card base from a notecard set a friend of mine picked up for me at Michaels. Each card in the set has an embossed card front which works great for building cards like this one. And where did I get this beautiful turquoise sheer ribbon? I found it at Hobby Lobby. It was in the fabric section and I bought it for 30 cents a yard. I always get more whenever I go back because it is just to pretty for words. They have it in hot pink as well. The sentiment wasn't as dark as I would have liked when it was stamped, so I went over it with my black metallic gel pen. It gave it a nice shine to the letters.

Card Details
Size: 5" Square

Image: "thanks for always being there" (inkadinkado); Ink: "Coal Black" Ancient Page; Paper: white embossed notecard; Misc.: metallic gel pen, turquoise and crystal adhesive gems, turquoise punched flowers, sheer turquoise ribbon


4 Words of Love:

NormaJean said...

wow lisa that is very pretty,

Heather said...

your card is just gorgeous!

I left you a lil something on my blog. :o)

Jessica said...

It's beautiful! Glad you are able to use the Top Notes!

Gill said...

Beautiful card Lisa, stunning and very elegant, love the contrast of the turquoise ribbon...stunning
hugs Gill x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps