Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A week long challenge


Hello everyone! Today was a super good day for me. I started my Spring semester at college and my classes rock! This is the first time I've ever felt that I will enjoy ALL my classes I'm taking--which means this semester will probably go very fast and then *poof* it will be SUMMERTIME, BABY! Woohoo!

Anyhow...

Not only did school start this week, but so did the week long challenge over in my Card Making Mamas group on Cafemom. This special contest begins on Monday and lasts all week long. Each day there is a new challenge and you can only "win" the challenge if you participate in each challenge offered and you only get that one day to enter your card! It's quite a task to undertake, but I'm trying to do it this time around. Here is the breakdown on the challenges as well as my card for each one.

Monday's Challenge: Make a manly card using the following sketch

If this had just been a sketch challenge my mojo would have flowed very nicely...but making it a manly card really put a wrench in my plans. But I persevered and while the card is NOTHING to write home about, it is still okay...

Enjoy Life, Dude

Tuesday's Challenge: 2 Timing-All torn Up-2 Sketch
The requirements were to do two cards (one per sketch) and each card had to have some kind of torn paper edge on it. These cards were much easier for me and I enjoyed working on them during the commercials (and bad singers) of American Idol!

Sketch #1

And my entry...

Snow Friends
(the image is recycled from a card my mom received. She was sure I could use the image for something cause it was so cute!)

Sketch #2

and my entry...

Celebrate



I'm curious to see what tomorrow's challenge will be! These week long challenges keep me on my toes and force me to use up supplies, which is fabulous! LOL!

Well, until next time...

Thought for the night:
Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. ~Emory Austin

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps