Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sugar and Spice

I have subscriptions to two paper crafting magazines Paper Crafts and Card Makers. I don't like one more then the other, because they both provide me with abundant techniques and inspiration and ideas in general. I received my latest issue of Paper Crafts this past weekend and as usual, immeadiately started flipping through it. Oh my. There are sooo many great ideas in it and more cards then usual. But there was one card in particular that I couldn't wait to try out myself...but unfortunately, wait I did. I had to wait because it required a template and the Paper Crafts website didn't have the new issue information up until...TODAY! Needless to say, I quickly found the template I was looking for and printed it off. So now you are curious as to the template design right?

It's a dress template and you can find the link for it Here. The design in the magazine was called "Sugar and Spice". I know that there are other dress card templates out there, but this one was soooo cute and seemed to much more versatile then others I've seen. Regardless, I gleefully printed it out and went to work. I chose a pretty floral for my patterned paper and put it on a coordinating pink cardstock. It was super easy to trace and cut out the design. I opted to follow the pattern that had a bodice and used the same pink cardstock for it. For additional detailing, I paper pierced the bodice to give it a nifty design then connected the dots using a white gel pen. Adding the ribbon around the bodice gave it a feminine touch. To add even more "extra" touches, I punched out a piece of white cardstock with my round scalloped punch and adhered it to the top for a collar. Then used my circle punch to cut out a neckline. I think the mini flatback pearls I added to the collar make it just so cute! Trimming the bottom edge of the vellum "apron" with some fancy edge scissors finished the design, but I decided to add a bit more decoration to the apron with my gel pen. The finished card is just so cute and I can't wait to give it to one of my friends honoring the birth of her baby girl. I plan on definitely using the pattern again in the future.

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Paper: Pink CS (paper studio), PP pink floral (from stash), vellum; Misc.: 1/8" pink grosgrain ribbon, mini flatback adhesive pearls, white gel pen, paper piercer

I was snowbound again today, so I had to just stay home and enjoy the homelife...though I must admit, I'm ready to get out and about again! I hope that I will be able to attend my college classes tomorrow, though I won't shed a tear if they decide to close again! My sweetie called to say that the roads were treacherous, but he's trying to come home tonight...it will take awhile, but as long as he gets home safely, I will be delighted!


4 Words of Love:

Rebecca said...

This is adorable! You did an awesome job. I can't wait to make some of these for expectant moms...not if they will just have girls and not ruin all my fun!

Sprytebyrd said...

So cute, Lisa! You did wonderfully! I saw that card in the magazine and I loved it, too! But I have no use for it right now. I will print up the pattern for when I do though, as you made it look so great!

Heather said...

this is pretty pretty pretty all wrapped up in precious!

Michelle said...

You've outdone yourself Lisa!This is fatastic!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps