Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Relax...


I am in love with the new challenge blog Sketch and Stash Challenge! If you haven't checked it out yet, you need to! The challenge every two weeks is to follow a sketch they provide, but to use something you've been hoarding or something brand new in your stash when making it. It's a great way to force yourself to use something you've been saving! This week's challenge #2 was to follow the sketch at the right. This was a great sketch, even though I didn't get too creative with it.

I dug out the very cute "Napping on a thistle" House-Mouse image. Because it's a large image, I had to use a 5 x 7 card for the base. I have been hoarding the very pretty white lacy ribbon I used. I love it and have it in several different colors. I completed the card and then realised that I needed to add that last small rectangle element...but I had no idea what to do. I opted for a simple vellum saying of "relax" because it seemed perfect for the image. I just wish I had matted it with a different color of CS. It's hard to see, but if you click on the picture you will see I added some Stickles to the flowering thistles which makes it pop just a little more.

Card Details
Size: 5 x 7

Image: "Napping on a Thistle" (HM); Medium: W/C pencils w/blender pen (SU!); Paper: CS pink, lime and white, DSP from stash; Misc.: "Stardust" Stickles, silver Bella Baubles (stampingbella), gemstone brads, white sheer daisy ribbon, vellum sentiments

My little darling boy is a bit sick. He got a fever last night and still has it today. Thankfully, he has no other symptoms and isn't even droopy. So his body is just fighting something. I hope the "something" doesn't show up!

I'm super excited cause tonight is the Season Premier for LOST! I've been missing my Losties and have been watching all the old episodes to get caught up with when the new season starts. I never was a fan from the beginning, but got caught up in it in the middle of Season 3. And I admit, I have a crush on Sawyer! Jack is just too much of a goody-goody!

So I will be in front of the TV come 8pm EST tonight! Will any of you be watching too?

5 Words of Love:

Heather said...

this card is SOOO cute and the challenge sounds fun. It is something I need to do on a reg basis ... I hoard too much stuf :o) lol!!!

Sorry your sweetie is sick. My son got a fluke fever the other day. Freaked me out. Got tired, wouldnot drink, then 2 hours later it was gone, for good. ODD! I hope he feels better soon. I dont watch anything on TV hardly anymore that is not for the kids. I have a few like Criminal minds, leverage and used to watch CSI.. but not too muchanymore. My goal is to be able to craft tonight. Monday was my last day and I am in need of my craft time!!!

Dawn said...

Awww this is adorable I NEED this stamp now - me being Scottish!!!
It's fantastic! I haven't seen that stamp before!

Dawn

Chrissie said...

Your card is just GORGEOUS Lisa! and I'm not surprised you've been hoarding that beautiful ribbon.
I have to admit I got quite jealous about your watching Lost, I followed Seasons 1 and 2 and then they moved it to a channel that we don't have and I miss it. Sawyer was my favourite too!
Thanks for joining in with the challenge.

Becky said...

Aww, what a super sweet card Lisa! Love the stamp and the ribbons!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun!
Love Becky xx

aardvarkpest said...

Lovely cute card.

Glenda

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps