Monday, January 26, 2009

Just a note


Happy Monday! Can you believe it's already the last week of January? The mind boggles at how fast the year is already going! My weekend went well. I enjoyed a nice family evening of movies and popcorn on Saturday and then I enjoyed a day trip to Cincinnati for a baby shower and some shopping. The baby shower was loads of fun and I enjoyed a quick trip to Michaels where I picked up some amazing goodies for just $1...and then we finished out our little trip with a stop at Party Factory. I was asked to participate in an Influencer program for Betty Crocker. They gave me coupons for free cake mix/frosting and a $50 gift card to buy party supplies for my son's 3rd birthday. I chose a cake off of their website (bettycrocker.com) for his birthday, then planned the decorations around it. He wanted a train cake, so we went with Thomas the Tank Engine as his theme. It was nice to be able to get him cool party stuff instead of skimping this year...and I still had about $20 left on the card when we were done. We made it home after battling the beginning of the snow storm and I enjoyed whipping up a card last night.

And so...

I have a couple cards to share with you that I finished up this weekend. The first one I completed last night. It is my entry for this weeks Sketch Saturday Challenge. I really liked the sketch we had to follow and since I had stamped out some images of musicabella for a friend, I decided to use her. I paper pieced her using this really cute purple paper with little white flowers I received in a RAK. I wish I had more of it, but I just have one 12 x 12 piece that I've just been hoarding! LOL! I think her dress looks great in this design. To coordinate the image to the card, I used this same paper for the background of the card. I used my edge distresser on it, just to roughen it up a bit. For the scalloped edge piece, I opted to use my Lacey Edge Border punch(MS)on plain white cardstock. I really am more of a ribbon person, but I have some really great fibers and I chose this really fuzzy lavender one for the card. Choosing a coordinating purple cardstock was the hardest part. Thankfully, I had a couple pieces to choose from. I didn't have a small enough sentiment of "just a note", so I reverted to the computer for my image. A dash of Lavender Stickles (Ranger) was just what it needed. I was frustrated to discover my lack of small white flowers. I was going to use them instead of the glitter covered round embellishments that ended up gracing the card. So I'm not 100% satisfied with the card...but it will do quite nicely. Oh, and for my card I used another one of those fabulous white square notecards Michaels was selling for 50 cents a pack. I just love that it has a matching envelope ready for immeadiate use. I hate making envelopes....and do not have a template yet. But it's on my list!

Card Materials
Size: 5 1/2" Square

Image: Musicabella (stampingbella); Ink: "Coal Black" (Ancient Page); Medium: BIC and Prismacolor markers, "Skin white" Copic; Paper: CS in "White" (georgia pacific) and "Lavender" (Paper Studio), PP purple w/white flowers from stash; Misc.: purple fiber, glitter covered round embellishments, "Lavender" Stickles, lacey edge border punch (MarthaStewart)

My second card is one I made for the baby shower I attended yesterday. Unfortunately, after all my work on it, I went off and left it on my counter. So I am sending it in the mail. I used the super cute onesie pattern that can be found Here. The only thing I DON'T like about this finished card, is that somehow it got a smudge on it near the bottom which bugs me to no end!!! I will definitely use this pattern again. The finished size fits into a standard white invitation envelope.

I have a couple cards I really want to work on for challenges, but I really need to do a bit of reading for homework first...but I'm sure I can "reward" myself when I'm done! Oh, and I am mailing out my secret sister package today. It is jam packed full of goodies and I can't wait to post the card I made...but I have to wait a little while, cause it would spoil everything!

I was going to mention one more thing...but I will wait and do it in a different post since this one is long enough as it is.

Have a great week!

5 Words of Love:

Michelle said...

beautiful cards lisa!
pssst..i cant even see the smudge :o)

Lea L. said...

Adorable card...just love that border! One of my fave punches! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Heather said...

i love both of your cards! They are gorgeous! I love bellas pieced dress and the onesie is so sweet!!!

Courtney said...

Both of these are just adorable! I love purple and pink!!! And isn't the $1 spot at Michaels the best???

~Christina~ said...

Great cards :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps