Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Java for two


This week's sketch challenge #23 over at Cupcake Craft Challenge was super cute, so I definitely wanted to enter it. I decided to use some paper that I've been hoarding and go with one of my favorite color combinations: Green and Purple. Javabella is a super classy image and one that I really like, so I used my last image for this card.I decided to turn the card to allow for my larger image to fit.


Hmm, you know looking at my card and the sketch I just realised that I took the inner design of the sketch to be the whole sketch...but I think that was supposed to be part of the card! LOL! Oh well, I still stuck to the sketch and it's identifiable...right? I might make up another card just in case though!

Card Details
Size: 5" square

Image: Javabella (stampingbella); Medium: W/C pencils and Blender Pen (SU!); Paper: DSP My Mind's Eye, CS Olive and Purple (Paper Studio); Misc.: 1" lilac satin ribbon, 3/8" iridescent purple/green ribbon, adhesive gems, "Stardust" Stickles, and Lacey Border Punch (Martha Stewart)

I got out of class early today due to my last class being cancelled for today and Thursday which is great! More time for crafty stuff...and since I don't have any homework--I hope to enjoy myself plenty! One of the things that stuck with me after sitting through lectures today was a quote that I discovered in my World History book. It was the last sentence in a section discussing 17th and 18th century witch hunts. I don't normally like things by Voltaire, but this sentence just made me smile, and so it will be my...

Thought for the Day:
"No opinion is worth burning your neighbor for." Voltaire

5 Words of Love:

Lauren said...

Great card Lisa. Thanks for joining in. xx

Heather said...

I have wanted to try the cupcake challenge forever. It has been linked to my blog forever:) lol. I hope to get the chance in the near future. they have really cute and fun challenges there.
I LOVE your card, but you already know that:) Great use of the sketch and beautiful colors

craft mad Jenny said...

wow - love everything about this card - the stamp, the papers, etc etc!!

MamaCass07 said...

NOW I get it! I was so lost when you posted that quote over on CM, lol! I am so behind. Nicely done on the challenge!

Sue said...

Great card, luv the image, sue.x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps