Friday, January 09, 2009

An Apple a Day

I was finally able to work some card magic yesterday. I really wanted to make cards all week, but the mojo just wasn't there. I finally got it back with a card kit and then yesterday it started flowing again. I have three cards to share today one of which is a double challenge entry.

The first card I've named "The Joy is in Us". This card is one of my favorites and mostly due to the adoreable Happy Hopper image I used. I've been waiting to use this stamp for quite awhile, but haven't been able to think of a card to go with it. Then I bought these super cute patterned papers and *poof* a card was born! I am using this card for this Sketch and Stash Challenge #1. It qualifies for this challenge because this is a stamp that I've not used yet, though I have had it for a couple months. This card is also an entry into this week's Papertake Weekly Challenge. That challenge was to use Circles/Dots or Spots. I have used dots in my patterned paper and circles in the form of my button and apples.

I thoroughly enjoyed using my new set of Stampin' Up Watercolor pencils that my good friend Dee bought me for my birthday. They are fabulous to work with and I love all my color choices I have.

Card Details
Size: 5" x 7"
Image: "An Apple a Day" (House-Mouse); Ink: "Coal Black" (Ancient Page); Medium: Watercolor pencils (SU!) and blender pen; Paper: DSP "A-Z Dots" "A-Z Stripes" and CS "Cable" "Rust" (Paper Studio); Misc.: Vellum sentiments, brads, button, fabric flowers, "Stardust" Stickles and gingham ribbon


"Rustic Bunny" is the name of my next card. It was made using the same Happy Hopper stamp, but with different coloring. My paper for this came from a RAK and the colors are really different from my usual style. I used twine to give it a rustic touch and keep with the earthy tones. I used watercolor pencils again to give it nice details like the lines in the wood bucket. The border was done with Threading Water (Fiskars) and that paper is actually the same piece as the other design...just the other side of it. I love double sided paper for that very reason! I don't know if you can see it, but I added "Diamond" Stickles as highlights on all the apples.

The third and final card I made this week was done using materials I received in a Secret Sister Card Kit Swap from Splitcoaststampers. I just fell in love with the brick patterned vellum paper and used the colors in that paper to put the card together. Stickling the heart balloons gave it the pop it needed and I enjoyed using the eyelets...but I discovered a serious problem. I do not have a 1/8" eyelet setter! So I had to be very very creative when adding those! LOL! This card could be used as a Valentines one, but I won't use it for that. I have stamped the inside with a sentiment that says "you make my heart smile". Perfect for friends or family!

Card kits are really great for when you just don't have your mojo going. You can open them up and all the major work is done for you! Just put them together! I think I might put myself some card kits together to use on days when I just can't get something together!

Thanks for stopping by today. Oh and did you check out Delciously Simple yet? I posted a delicious mexican recipe for chicken that I made the other night. It is out of this world!

School starts this coming Tuesday, so I don't know how much crafting I will do during the next semester, but I'm going to try to do a minimum of one card a week to keep my mojo fresh! Oh, and American Idol starts back up this week! Bring on the next David Cook!

I also want to let my northwest friends know that "Lisa's coming to town!" Yes sir, I bought my plane tickets yessterday for my annual trip back to visit my family. I will be in town from May 8-17, so I really hope to meet up with at least one of you while I'm in town!

Well, that's it! I have to go do laundry and other housey stuff like that...

Tootles!

4 Words of Love:

steph said...

Great cards! Really cute stamps! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

Becky said...

Wow! What gorgeous cards!! You really do have a very impressive stamp collection!!
Thanks so much for joining us in our first challenge!
Love Becky xx

Michelle said...

lisa! these are wonderful cards...the HH's are adorable! TFS!

Chrissie said...

Just wonderful Lisa (all of them!)
Thanks for joining in with the challenge.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps