Monday, December 22, 2008

Scraplings and Critters


I'm sure that nearly everyone out in blogging world is extremely busy this week, getting ready for the big annual holiday season. So if you have even stopped by my blog, then I thank you, cause I know you probably have a lot still on your plate that can't be taken care of looking here! LOL! Unless you are looking for a new idea for a gift tag for those last few presents...have you tried a scrapling?

A scrapling you say...what is a "scrapling"?

These little adoreable things measure 1.25" x 4.25" and are made from the cut off strip leftover from turning a 4.25" x 5.5" card into a 4.25 square card. It's a waste to get rid of them, and if you decorate them, they become the PERFECT thing for attaching to a gift or tucking in a small space for someone to find. Even if you have to make them for this specific use (1.25" x 8.5"--score at 4.25"), they are super easy and super fun! I first heard about the scrapling on the Holiday Challenge Extras Forum on Splitcoaststampers. This challenge (HCE03) was to make scraplings using a December theme.

I made two for that challenge, and didn't stop until I had made two NON-December ones too! I think my favorite one is my bella. I didn't know if I would be able to find a Bella image that would fit, but Flowahbella is skinny enough she works great! It's also perfect for cutting her out and mounting her without any layering. I think I will use her for a cute little bookmark!


A couple days ago, I worked on another card for my Cute Critters Club. I just love some of these digital images I can find on the coloring pages scattered across the internet. This cutie was a blast to make and I plan on using this image again for sure!

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5"
Image: Cat w/fishbowl (digital image); Medium: BIC markers; Paper: DSP Paper Studio, CS from stash; Misc.: "Stardust" Stickles, ribbon, gemstones and rubons

My last thing to share is the cute card my son made as a thank you for an early birthday gift he received. He chose his image from a coloring website and I shrunk it and printed it off for him. Then he chose his color crayons and went to town. Once that was done, I let him root through my paper scraps and he found some he liked and shockingly matched! The I helped him glue them, cut them, and add them to the card. Digging into my button jar, he found 4 buttons to his liking which he carefully put into the place he desired. Once the front was done, he enjoyed choosing a "Thank you"stamp and got to stamp for the first time. He had a bounced image, but it still looks good! He completed his card by "writing" a few things inside which I then translated. LOL! And the very last thing we did was add glitter to the image on the front. Unfortunately, I took pictures before he decided to add glitter, so you don't really get to see the full completed card...but what I do have pictures of is pretty darn good if you ask me!


I know you will all be going all over this week...or maybe the weather has you stuck at home. Regardless of what your plans are, be safe and be happy! Remember that the memories are the part that make special occasions special!

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps