Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ribbons...beautiful ribbons!

I have 3 ribbon jars sitting on my desk as well as a rubbermaid file container full of spools of ribbon. This means that I have to dig to find ribbon that I like. I would love to have the space to be able to hang a ribbon roll rack, but it's just not possible. So I had to do something with what I have. And I did! I used the idea of the clothespin ribbon rolls and *viola* beautiful and organised ribbons! Here are some pics of my jars and of my now easily diggable-findable ribbon box!


As you can see in the top picture, I did double or triple up a few ribbons if they were narrow, or if there just wasn't more then 15" of ribbon. I used these old fashioned clothespins that I found at Dollar Tree. They sell them in packages with 20 for just $1! I ended up rolling 130 pins...100 of which I did last night. Needless to say by the time I was done, my fingers were a little sore from rolling! But I discovered ribbons that I didn't even know I had! LOL! Of course this now means that I am imposing a rule on myself that I'm not allowed to buy more ribbon until a pin becomes empty. Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts! LOL!

I totally recommend this ribbon organization if you don't have a TON of space for ribbon storage, or if you just like the way it looks. I think it's pretty cute looking too!

As for projects, I've only made one thing in the last couple days. Here is a pic of the acrylic post-it holder I made for myself. I kept it pretty generic so that I can swap out the insert as I so desire. Can I just say again how cute Fluffles the cat is??!


I am making a trip into town and will have to tie my hands to keep from spending money at Hobby Lobby today. I mean, they are having their 50% off scrapbooking supplies--as in stamps and paper and punches! How can a girl like me NOT buy anything?!!

Have a great Tuesday and enjoy this second to the last day of 2008!

2 Words of Love:

Michelle said...

lisa..your post-it holder is adorable..
and i am drooling over your ribbons...(we know about me and my ribbon addiction!) its so nice when storage is also pretty...
i love your ribbon jars.

Brooke S said...

I totally had the same idea with the ribbon... I bought vintage cloths pins on e-bay...

It's fun to see a new face on out challenge blog.. Hope you can play along.

Hugs
Brooke

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps