Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pretty Paisley

Just wanted to get on here really quick before hitting the sack tonight to post a card I made for two challenges. I used the sketch from this week's Paper Craft Planet Sketch Challenge and then followed the recipe for todays Holiday Challenge Extravaganza (HCE04) on Splitcoaststampers. I was delighted to use some new paisley paper I picked up today at Hobby Lobby. I just love paisley designs.

The hardest part for me was keeping with the recipe on HCE04 as it specified that I could only use Ribbon as an embellishment and that I had to have three punches somewhere on my card. I could get two punches with my sentiment, but had trouble with the third until I opted to add a butterfly...viola! LOL! I really love blue, black and white together as a color combination and I think this card really shows how nice they go together. Oh, and for the embellishment rule...well, I took these pictures then went and added four little round silver metallic adhesive beads to each corner of the Bella image. I feel much better now! LOL!

Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Image/Sentiment: "Flowahbella" (Stampingbella), "Birthday Wishes" (ClearStamps); Ink: "Coal Black" Ancient Page; Medium: "Skin White" (Copic), BIC Markers; Paper:"Baby Blue Paisley" (Paper Studio), Black and Blue CS (paper Studio); Misc.:blue sheer ribbon, black satin ribbon, butterfly punch, "Stardust", "Waterfall" and "Diamond" Stickles, Signo Gel Pen

Thanks for stopping by tonight. I know you will all be so busy over the next few days. Take care, be safe, and enjoy your family! Can't wait to see pics from all your family gatherings!
Photobucket

2 Words of Love:

Jessabells said...

I really love this card. Great job hon.

J.Jones said...

I love the card. Its so beautiful!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps