Friday, December 26, 2008

Overload!

Boy, was I busy yesterday! I was making cards pretty much all day long! Some I love, and some I am not very fond of, but I still had a great time making them!

This little cutie is my entry for the Dutch Dare Challenge #29. I decided to pull Charlie out again and really enjoyed coloring him. Like his freckles? Since I have a freckled little boy myself, I'm quite partial to them! I had fun with my markers on this one. I will start posting pics of the markers I used for each card I color, so you can see the shades. Isn't that paper great? I found it at Hobby Lobby this week. I added some sparkle to the snowman and then I did faux stitching with my stitch template.

Here are the colors I used for the image:

Card Details
Size: 5" x 7"

Image: "Charlie Making a Snowman" (WOJ); Ink: "Coal Black" (Ancient Page); Medium: BIC, Prismacolor and Copic Markers; Paper:"Let it snow" and "Coco and Blue Argyle" DSP (Paper Studio), Brown CS (PS), White CS (Georgia Pacific); Misc.: Brown gingham ribbon, "Stardust" Stickles, snowflake charm, adhesive metallic gem

Because I had Charlie out, I went ahead and stamped him again. I really wanted to show how he is soo open for coloring options by using him on a totally different card. To decide on a theme for this card, I pulled out some ribbon. I then colored Charlie to match the ribbon and chose coordinating papers. I was a little unsure as to how he was going to look, but the final result is beyond my expectations. This is card is a double challenge entry. I used the sketch for this week's Papertake Weekly Sketch Challenge, and then used the theme for this week's Whiff of Joy Challenge #12. The WOJ challenge was to use more contemporary colors on a Christmas themed card. Obviously these are not your normal Red and Green!

My marker colors:

Card Details:
Size: 5" Square

Image/Sentiment: "Charlie Making a Snowman" (WOJ), "Let it Snow" (WalMart); Ink: "Coal Black" (Ancient Page); Medium: BIC, Prismacolor and Copic Markers; Paper: Dark Teal and Lime CS (Paper Studio), DSP from Stash; Misc.: ribbon, "Stardust" Stickles, adhesive metallic gems, snowflake charms

The next cards are just ones that I was fooling around with as I had colored the images. The first one is actually for a one layer challenge, but I really just don't like how it turned out for some reason. The other two are just becuase I was in the mood to craft cards...though I really am partial to the octopus. I found the image online and printed it off. You can find it for yourself here. I think I'll use it for a baby card. I'm not going to list the materials for these ones.





Whew! I told you that was a card overload! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will check out my other new site Deliciously Simple which is devoted to my second hobby, Cooking!

I hope you have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!

Tootles!
Photobucket

10 Words of Love:

Bev said...

Wow, fabulous cards. I love the Charlie card - brilliantly coloured.
Have a happy new year
hugs Bev x

Wilma said...

Thanks for joining the DDCC with such a wonderful card!
Happy New Year!

Hugs, Wilma

Mrs Wonka said...

wow you have been busy! All of your cards are stunning! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Mrs Wonka x

Cathy said...

Fabulous cards. Love your take on the DDCC sketch with Charlie.
Thank you for taking part in the DDCC challenge.
Cathy xx

Donalda said...

Wow your cards are just beautiful dear. Such beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us at WOJ

Rach said...

fabulous cards, thanks for joining us at woj.hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Wow you were busy great cards!
Thanks for joiningus
Hugs Jacqui x

Heather said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us!!

steph said...

These are all lovely! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

steph said...

These are all lovely! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps