Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Mustang Memory


The Splitcoaststampers Holiday Challenge Extravaganza for Friday (HCE07) was to create a card based on a memory we had. Something from our past to inspire a card. Interestingly enough, there is a similar challenge going on over at Card Making Mamas at Cafemom. Therefore, I was able to do double duty with a card. I have so many good memories from the past that choose just one could have been difficult. But, as soon as I saw an image in my stash, I knew I had to use it as it represented one of my most favorite memories of all.

One of the best memories I have is in Sept 1994. My family travelled to Jekyll Island, GA and our rental car company lost our reservation, so they gave us a free upgrade...to a brand new 1995 Mustang GT...which was the "IT" car of that time. It was white with black leather interior. But my real memory begins on our way home. My dad and I had to leave earlier to get back to school/work and so we drove from Atlanta, GA to Columbia, SC in that beautiful mustang. We listened to dad's favorite classic rock (Led Zepplin, Steppenwolf) all the way through the night with the windows down and the warm breeze of a GA night lightening our spirits. I remember feeling "rich" as we pulled into a rest stop with that beautiful car and seeing everyone turn to look at us with envy. I will never ever forget that! This card symbolises the feeling that I felt as we drove through the night...

My Markers:


Card Details
Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Image: "Cruiseabella" and "You go Girl" (Stampingbella); Medium: BIC, Copic and Prismacolor markers; Paper: DSP, Red and Black CS from stash; Misc.: Bella Baubles (Stampingbella), "Stardust" Stickles, various circle punches

My next two cards are just cute ones I made for some upcoming birthday's. I used the same Happy Hoppers image ("It's my Party") for each card, but really went color wild with these. I have never used orange as a main color before, but it made for a fun card. My picture of the second card doesn't look as good as it does in real life, but I already sealed up my envelopes! Both of these cards fit inside a standard white invitation envelope.



Here are the markers I used for each of the cards:



I was really tickled to get my Ebay order in the mail yesterday. I had found two packages of fabric flowers dirt cheap and they are really nice colors. I used some of them on the orange card. The price was a lot better then if I had purchased flowers at HL or Michaels based on the quantity for the price. I recommend that if you need some more flowers, check Ebay first...

Well, that's it for today. I'm going over to my recipe blog to add a great seasoning recipe for fajitas! Make sure you check it out!

1 Words of Love:

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

luvd reading about your child hood memory....luv the card too! *~*

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps