Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Makeup Bag Ribbon Dispenser


I can't remember where I first saw a version of this altered item. Perhaps on one of my Cafemom papercraft groups. I remember making a mental note of it to use for later. Today is the "later". I needed to do something with my 5"-10" ribbon lengths that I didn't spool up last night and while I was at Hobby Lobby today, I saw makeup bags by the registers and remembered the project! These little makeup bags were various sizes, so I snagged the smallest one which was only 99 cents.

Quick Steps for making your own:

Materials:
*Plastic Makeup bag with a zipper close. (I used a smaller 7 3/8" one.)
*1/8" hole punch (but you could use larger if you wanted)

1. Opening the bag, slide your hole punch over the edge of the long side as far as it can reach and punch a row of holes about 1/4" apart starting on the far corner (about 20). Repeat this procedure on the other side.

2. Thread your ribbon pieces through each hole and pull out about 1/2" leaving the rest inside the makeup bag.

3. Once you have all the ribbon threaded and put inside the bag, just zip it closed.

Let me know if you want me to add pictures of each step!




This is a great way to keep your ribbon pieces 5"-10" under control with easy access.

3 Words of Love:

lizzie said...

very very very cute!!!!!
i made a cute lil ribbon holder out of formula cans and gerber puff cans... it was so fun to alter and make!! and did you know those actual bags and tins cost like twenty dollars!!! you can make them basically for nothing at all!!

Veronica said...

What a great idea! Especially the spools that do not have much left on them, you can put them in this bag! TFS I have a couple I could definitely alter!!

Michelle said...

great cards!
clever ribbon holder!
gorgeous family pic!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps