Friday, December 19, 2008

A little color inspiration


I love the paint section of stores. I cannot resist pulling colors that I think are gorgeous or go together. I probably have a good 25-30 paint chips in my stash right now...so what do I do with them? Well one of the fun things I do is to use them to create a color combination that I then replicate in a card. Sometimes I pull the colors blind (which can be scary!) and sometimes I pick them out to match. Today I decided to do the later approach. The three colors I chose were "Apple Green", "Sea Mist" and "Cassias". There is just something about green and purple which pleases the eye.

That DSP is the only piece that I have, so I was fortunate to find it! I used a piece of textured cardstock for the purple piece and a very pretty ribbon which is woven with green and purple threads, so that when you hold it certain ways it could look purple or green. I don't usually make square cards, but this one just kind of worked for me. Unfortunately I don't have any square envelopes, so now I have to make one! LOL!

Card Details

Size: 5" Square
Image: "Gardenabella" (Stamping Bella); Medium: BIC markers, "Skin White" Copic; Paper: DSP and CS from stash; Misc.: "Stardust" "Lavender" "Diamond" Stickles, 1/4" ribbon, Doily Lace Edge Border (MS), Glitter round embellishments

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

Photobucket

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps