Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Late night crafting {yawn!}


Okay, so I admit that I should be in BED right now...but I really wanted to post these cards that I just finished this evening. Okay, so one was finished after midnight...sigh...I am a night owl sometimes when I want to get a project done.

This cute little thing is a gift card holder I made for one of my friends. I just bought that adoreably gorgeous paper at Michael's on Monday and have been dying to use it! i think the pretty bow sets off the whole shebang! The picture does NOTHING for the colors. I think the combination of the lilac, mint and lavender are just stunning.

The next card I worked on was scrap-lifted from my new Card Maker magazine. I loved one of the valentine's Day cards they shared, so I adapted the directions for an anniversary card. I used the same papers for this card as I did for the gift card holder. And I FINALLY used some of my pearl brads that I have been saving. Other then the fact that this picture captured my ribbon in all it's crooked glory, I think the card is pretty. I'm not sure if you can see it clearly, but I lightly stickled some fo the patterns on the paisley paper. Just gave it a little shine...the quote is taken from "The Quote Garden" and I think it's beautiful. I just left the inside simple by stamping just the words "Happy Anniversary!"

My third and final card is actually the one I like the best from today. And possibly one of the better ones that I have produced here lately. I'm using it as my entry into the Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #21. I'm hoping that it will still get counted even though I changed one of the image shapes for my use.

I'm also using it as my entry in the Cinema Saturday Challenge. The theme was "Sound of Music" so obviously the song "My Favorite Things" instantly popped into my head. This card represents "Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes" as well as "warm wollen mittens". This is one of my all-time favorite movies. I can quote the movie. I can say the dialog WITH the movie. I own the book, Forever Liesl written by the girl who played Liesel and I've learned soo many interesting movie facts. I also have read the biographay/memoir on the real Von Trapp family. Let's see...want a tidbit of behind the scenes information?

You know the gazebo scene? Where Liesl and Rolf are dancing and she's jumping the benches? (which I admit I have attempted a time or two) Well, this scene was actually one of the last ones they filmed (if I remember right). "Liesl" had special shoes with grips on the bottom so she didn't slide when she stepped, pivoted and kicked...well, the first time they attempted the scene, someone had forgotten the slip resistent stuff on her shoe and when she went up, she went THROUGH THE GLASS OF THE GAZEBO! Yep, and she also got a hairline fracture and sprained her ankle. But she filmed the entire rest of the scene injured. If you look really close, one of her ankles is thicker then the other due to heavy bandaging!

Back to my card...If you click on the pictures, you can see them up close which allows the glitter to show up. The snowman is quite sparkly! Here is a side shot of the card so you can see the layering...


Materials:
Image: "Charlie Making a Snowman" (WOJ)
Medium: BIC markers
Paper: Scrap
Misc.: punch, ribbon, doodlebug glitter, gems

Yawn! Okay, I'm sooo heading to bed. Thankfully I can get up whenever I want to tomorrow...which means, sleeping until my almost 3 year old wakes up...so that means anywhere from 7:30am-9:00am!

Chat with you all later!

4 Words of Love:

Gill said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, the first two are so elegant, love the papers and Charlie looks fab
hugs Gill x

Mercy said...

lisa...these are all great....but that sketch card ROCKS!!!! you've done an amazing job! anytime i post a sketch with a circle embellishment you can feel free to change the shape...no biggie!

thanks for playing, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Ann said...

I just LOVE your Cinema Saturday card! So cute with those colors and image! :D

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Holy cow! Your side photo really shows us the nice layering! Picture is worth a thousand words. love it ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps