Saturday, December 20, 2008

Just Dance

One of my most favorite quotes is the one that goes:
Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like no one is listening
and live like it's heaven on earth.

The card I created for the Cute Critters Club Weekly Challenge #5 is in honor of that quote. Our challenge was to find a digital image of a "critter" and use it on our card. After going through a ton of pictures on three different websites, I found the one that made me smile and I knew I was going to use it.

Flamingos have a special place in my heart. My grandmother loved them dearly. It made sense that they were her most favorite animal since her favorite color was hot pink. She always threatened to put a ton of those silly lawn flamingos with pinwheel wings in her yard once my grandfather passed away. Her daughters (my mom and aunt) gave her warnings about what would happen if she ever did! LOL! She loved flamingo figurines and we always made a point to stop and see the real birds at the zoo. When she died in October 2004, we jokingly said we should put a pink flamingo lawn ornament on her grave...but instead, I found a little ceramic one of a big flamingo and a baby one and we put that. I know she would have been happy to know it was there.

I dedicate this card in memory of my grandmother. I miss you terribly and it breaks my heart that you never got to meet your great grandson or even know I was pregnant. You would have loved him dearly. We always tell him about what the pink flamingo means to us in your honor. I love you!

Here is my card "Dance of the Flamingo":


Card Details:
Size: 5" x 6"
Image: Flamingo in Dress (digital image); Medium: BIC markers; Paper: White CS (GP), Pink and Black CS (Paper Studio), DSP from stash; Misc.: "Silver" Stickles, silver ribbon, silver metallic round embellishments, foam dot letters

Photobucket

2 Words of Love:

Callie Michelle said...

What a beautiful card! & Dedication!! Your grandma would be proud. I just LOVE crafting when it brings such warm memories. Thanks for sharing!!

Heather said...

It is beautiful and now I know why it is so special to you. Thank you for sharing that touching story with us.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps