Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hummingbird Thanks

I had fun playing with some more new stamp sets. I fell in love with the SU set called Brushstroke Hummingbird. The set I was given was new and I even had to mount the stamps and add the labels to the blocks! But the images are sooo beautiful that I really wanted to use them. I tried a couple different coloring methods, and found that I got the best look in regards to blending and shading when using my watercolor pencils. I matched the image with my sentiment. This "Thanks" is from the Many Thanks set. Cutting out my hummingbird was a breeze and I snipped his beak, so that it looks more like he's drinking my flower. A little dash of "Fruit Punch" stickles and a line or two of the "Star Dust" for the vine and leaves and I think the look is nice!

The one thing that aggravated me was my trimmer. Lately, all my measurements have been off...it's very aggravating to have to recut things time and time again! I'm thinking that I need to find a Fiskars or MS trimmer soon before this one takes a flight across the room.(Kidding! Kidding!) Anyways, I persevered and my card is a nice combination of colors.

Materials:
Image: Brushstroke Hummingbird (SU!); Many Thanks (SU!)
Medium: W/C pencils
Paper: from stash
Misc.: Stickles, ribbon, gems

1 Words of Love:

michelle said...

lisa..this card is lovely..
(try the MM cutter...i got it after i thought of tossing my other one across the room too! lol) your cards are all so lovely..TFS!..and have a wondeful holiday.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps