Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stepper Box

I stumbled across my first pic of a stepper box a few days ago while surfing the gallery over at Splitcoaststampers. I quickly fell in love, but after looking at pic after pic, I couldn't find any links to the tutorial. Finally after I posted a desperate plea on a SCS thread, I was directed to the treasure.
I made my stepper box using those thin cardboard sheets that sometimes come in a cardstock or designer paper package. They are thick enough to be sturdy, but thin enough to be cut with my paper trimmer. I also used a thin cardstock for the inner boxes, but a thicker cardstock for the lid. Everything else was used according to the tutorial directions.
What fun I had with this little gem of a project but be forewarned that it is fairly time consuming...at least this first one was. It was fun to fold those Oragami boxes again! I haven't done that since high school! LOL! Also make sure that if you choose to put images or sentiments on the inside panels like I did, that you don't use dimensionals at all. I used some for my sentiment and had a hard time getting my box to close.
Here are some more pics:


The box measures (when closed) 5 1/4" x 2 3/8". The boxes inside are the perfect size for mini candies, images, Primas, or anything else that you can fill them with!

Lastly, because I don't want you to have to search for the tutorial on this box, you can find it here: The Stepper Box by Terri Digness

If you decide to make one, could you possibly comment and let me see your creation by adding a link to your completed project?? I'd love to come "oooh" and "ahhh" over what I'm sure will be a fabulous design!

Thanks for stopping by!
Glitter Text Generator

4 Words of Love:

MamaCass07 said...

Alright, I am in love with this. Question...what would it be used for?

Heather said...

This is pretty amazing!!! And beautiful!

Callie Michelle said...

LIsa! This is beautiful. I've been looking for something new and fun to use for a secret sister package and I'm definitely going to try and make one of these! I'll let you know when I'm done!!

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

love it! TFS

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps