Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sketch Challenge...and what a challenge it was!

Whew! Boy, there are some sketches, that I need to just leave alone! And this week's Friday Sketcher's challenge was almost one of them! I persevered however and really went out of my comfort zone with my entry. That being said, I'm very proud that I finished it, as I almost chucked it a few times.
I decided that since I needed to do an anniversary card for my grandparents, I would try to use this sketch to do it. They are celebrating their 58th anniversary on Tuesday! This little HM stamp is so cute and I had yet to use it on any cards, so it got the lucky place of honor. I experienced some trouble when using stickles on the veil, as the ink of the image was NOT waterproof and bled...but ironically, it bled a purple-ish color which matched my card (Thank God!).
I think one of my more interesting aspects of my card is my photo corner. I decided to use one of those laced corners on this image and then took it a step further by adding a pair of silver jewelry rings. Can you see them? They are very thin, but I just thought it gave the card a little more "umph" in originality. I didn't have any cool buttons, so I just added a smidge of purple stickles to clear buttons and I think it works okay.
This card took me a VERY long time to create, so I'm glad that it ended up reasonably where I thought it would go in design. I've been on a purple kick here lately, which is why I used the same paper for two cards today.

Materials:

Image: House-mouse "playing Dress-up"
Paper: Paper Studio and some from stash
Misc.: Stickles, Bella Baubles, ribbon, silver cord

I made one other card tonight, but I'm tired, so I'll post it for tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great week!

Lisa

3 Words of Love:

Scrapmumur said...

WOW.... you have interpreted my sketch beautifully, this is wonderful idea!
Great colours! and lovely image.
I love look, Lisa!
Have a good Monday and thanks for participation FS.
hugs, Mumur

milli said...

Your card is amazing! It's a lot of work behind it!
Love the purple and black together!

Camilla
xx

Heather said...

I think it is gorgeous!!! I did not try that one .. scared me, lol:) Beautiful Card Lisa!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps