Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Paperpiecingabella

Okay, so that's not really some new funky Bella. That's me and my first attempt at ever paper piecing! I got brave enough to try it with my Bella Sketch Challenge card entry for this week and I surprised myself! As you can see from the picture, I used Flowahbella for my image. I stamped her in Stazon on the striped paper I was using for one of my background pieces and then carefull cut her dress out with small scissors. It went much better then I thought and when I laid it on the other stamped image, it was a perfect match! I was just tickled to death! I think the hardest part was getting that ittybitty top piece attached! Ugh! So using tweezers next time! I colored the image once I had pieces attached and other then her skin being a smidge brighter then intended (which happens when you don't test skin colored pencils on the NON-white paper before using them) it worked out well. Can you see that I stickled her a little trim on her dress? I thought it was cute. Anyways, here is the completed card for the Bella Sketch Challenge #55 this week on SCS. I just love the way it turned out. Go check out the challenge if you want to see what the original sketch looks like. It is very easy to follow and turns out quite nicely. One thing that I used on this card that I hadn't ever used before was a big adhesive clear acrylic flower. See it? Of course you can't! I stuck it to the back of that glitter patterned paper and then cut around it to make a nice purple flower to put under my blue one! A use I didn't even think of until tonight!

This card will be heading to my best friend who's birthday was actually this past Saturday, but since we are going to see her this coming Saturday, I plan on giving it to her in person...so it's not really belated...see? LOL!

Materials:
Image: Flowahbella (stampingbella.com)
Ink: Black (Stazon); Ice Blue (colorbox fluid chalk)
Coloring: WC pencils w/blender pen
Paper: Paper Studio, DCWV
Misc.: Stickles, silver Bella Baubles, Ribbon

Thought for the night:
You can't have everything... where would you put it? ~Steven Wright


glitter textglitter textglitter textglitter text

2 Words of Love:

The wallflower said...

Beautiful job! I really like the way it came out!

CRAFTERESA said...

A VERY CUTE CARD
YOU DID REALLY WELL WITH YOUR PAPER PIECING.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps