Thursday, November 13, 2008

Inspiration Challenge

One of my crafting groups on Cafemom ran an Inspiration Challenge. Our instruction was to use a magazine cover as inspiration for a card.
I first did this challenge shortly after the instructions were given and posted my card only to discover I had misread the directions and we were supposed to keep our cards secret until the reveal day (today!). Whoops! If you want to see my FIRST attempt at this challenge you can do so Here.

I'm quite proud of that card so I was skeptical of my next attempt. I used the magazine here on the left for my inspiration. From this magazine I incorporated the following elements:
1. The Four Quadrants (squares)
2. The word "simple" which was in the byline
3. The image in the middle of the 4 squares
4. The warmth of baking goodies in the form of colors

And here was my resulting card


I truly like it, though not as much as I adore my first card. I also shocked myself into discovering that it was possible for me to make a card without using Stickles! LOL!

I have an evening of card making ahead of me as in the next 5 days there are 4 birthdays and an anniversary! As the birthdays are family and close friends, I am determined to outdo myself! I hope to have a bunch to share soon! And to use my new goodies of course!

And did I mention that I finally found a Walmart with the 16 new $2.97 acrylic stamp sets? I picked up two of the cutest sets (IMO) and had to leave the rest for another day...If you haven't found them yet, keep looking! They were in the floral aisle at my own store. If you are clueless as to what I'm talking about I'll go ahead and post a pic of the two sets I purchased:
"Let it Snow" and "Warm Wishes"


They aren't quite mini, but they are still small...and simply adoreable! I plan on picking up another 1 or 2 sets next time I go...

Well that's it for this lonnnnnng post!

Tootles!

1 Words of Love:

Maria Matter said...

Lisa, this is so pretty! Love those papers and the sentiment!
Blessings, Maria

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps