Tuesday, November 04, 2008

House Mouse Recipe Challenge


I decided that to improve my skills at making cards, I need to start entering more challenges. I found a few blogs that host challenges and I'm going to do my best to enter each of them this week if at all possible!

The first one I am entering is the Recipe Challenge on House Mouse Monday Challenge. The recipe for this week was to use a House Mouse Image with the following elements:

*ribbon
*2 buttons
*felt
*Scallops

This is my first time following a recipe and I am okay with my result. Not ideal, but mostly because I only have 2 shapes in felt: orange pumpkins and red leaves! This limited me to a fall themed card and I have absolutely no fall House Mouse images! So I had to adapt one!

Paper: The Paper Studio
Image: HM and Sentiment from stash; leaves
Medium: Cateye Ink-cocoa, amber clay, galaxy gold
Misc.: felt pumpkin, leaf buttons, ribbon, stickles, gold brads

I have a few more cards to work on, but at the same time I have homework (due Thursday) and packing (leaving Thursday). So we'll see how many I can get done!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 Words of Love:

Rachel said...

OMGoodness this is so cute!

Sassy Crafts said...

Such a cute card and great fall colours. x

Rica said...

Lovely card and such an autumny feel about it.
hugs Heather xx

gailscraftyplace said...

I love this, such gorgeous autumnul colours. Great image. Hugs. Gail xx

Carolyn Bounds said...

ADORABLE!!! I love this precious fall card, and that felt pumpkin is too cute:o) I would say, you adapted your card very well!!! I would definitely be expressing my thanks if I received this cutie:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Jennifer Scull said...

isn't he having such a great time in those leaves!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

This made me giggle. Great fall card!

Joanne said...

I love the Fall theme and those buttons are so cool! Nice card!

rosalien said...

Lovely fall card. And I love that felt pumpkin.:)) I love that jumping mouse too, it's so cute.:))

Rosalien

Els G. said...

Love your card! It's adorable!
Els
x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps