Monday, November 03, 2008

Highs and Lows

Last night was not a good night for me. I had my monthly emotional breakdown and sobbed and sobbed on my husband's shoulder. Like my previous breakdowns, this one was again related to trying to conceive another child. I confessed to him all the emotions I was dealing with from jealousy and despair to love and happiness. It was like a dam breaking as the words and tears poured from my heart. It was good to get it all out. Unfortunately, I have a headache because of it today.

I was put into a better mood upon getting my mail. I received some images from a swap as well as box of books from Paperbackswap and a huge manilla envelope stuffed to the gills with fall card making goodies from my recycle swap on Splitcoaststampers. This really made me have a good morning, as well as the beautiful weather we're having.

Sadly, our dog was hit by a car yesterday. We believed she was dead and I've had to spend the morning explaining to my son (2 1/2 years old) that Cauli isn't coming home. He decided she was at the doctor's. Anyways, I just got done telling him again when I hear a huge yelp and dog cry and there is Cauli stumbling through our yard and onto the porch. She obviously has at least a broken leg and most likely internal injuries. She can't walk and cries even changing postions on the porch. I called my FIL and asked him to please come and get her and take care of her. I can't stand to see her in that kind of pain and we won't do the vet. Thankfully, Seth remembers that we're getting a kitten next week, so he will still have a pet. I also told him that daddy would probably get him another puppy for his birthday in February. It's really hard to keep dogs at our house cause we live only about 50 feet from a high traffic road. We don't have a fence and don't forsee getting one anytime soon. Remember that I live on 10 acres in the country...

On another note, I'm excited to be entering my first House Mouse Challenge this week. After getting that huge goody bag of fall card making stuff, I know exactly what I'll use...the goody bag had some felt pieces and buttons...two things that are on the required item list this week on the challenge! Make sure you check it out...just click on the link on the right side of my blog...

That's it for now. Working on a bit of homework for tomorrow and then I can have fun with the card making!

2 Words of Love:

lizzie said...

i'm not afraid of 30... i actually wish i was turning 30 instead of 25... i don't like the number 5... bad things have always happened to me... 5 years old... 15.... and now 25... urg. not gonna be fun! but ima keep my head up and hopefully it will be okay. plus... 25 is just an ugly number... now 26 is more prettier to look at!!!

Chris said...

Hi Lisa, you have a lovely blog and your cards and layout are so beautiful! Sorry you've had such a rubbish time and I hope you feel better and things sort themselves out very soon. Chris x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps