Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Friendship Box

My absolute bestest of the best friend just had her birthday and I was fortunate to be able to go up and visit her yesterday. We've known each other and have been close friend for about 15 years, maybe longer. When I got married I was heartbroken that she couldn't be my maid-of-honor as I was getting married too far away. I married and left her behind in the NW and it was a sad time for us...but then her father (a minister) was transferred to a new church in OHIO! She's now living only 2 1/2 hours away from me! Ironically that's the exact same distance she used to live away from me back when we both lived in the NW! LOL! Anyways, I wanted to make her something special for her birthday. No store bought things this year. I was thumbing through my binder of projects and found the perfect one. I decided on a Stationary Box! Someone had given me one in a Secret Sister Swap and I loved it, so I knew that my BF would love one too.

Long story short, it was super easy to make and I had a blast coordinating everything to her birthday card. I used this super easy tutorial by Jackie Topa which can be found HERE. Here are pics of my resulting box. The first pic is actually really bad. The color of the box is not that pink. It's a light purple...

Materials:

Paper: Double Sided Cardstock; Patterned Paper (Deja Views)
Misc.: Bella Baubles, Stickles, daisy border punch, rub-ons, ribbon, clear acrylic flowers

I'm just keeping busy today. Our Trying-to-conceive (TTC) adventures continue into our 10th month. I'm making some serious changes in my diet to see if that might help us as well as going ahead and taking some pre-natal vitamins. Other then that, it's just continued prayer and going about life as usual. I appreciate all the support I've been given from my cyber friends as we go through this...I get down sometimes, but then someone helps me up again. That's why I've chosen the song "That's what Friends are For" as my song for my blog this week.

I love you all!

glitter textglitter textglitter textglitter text

2 Words of Love:

Gill said...

Gorgeous box, really fabulous I'm sure your friend is gonna love it, I have something for you on my blog
hugs gill x

Heidi said...

this is so cool, I may have to try one out!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps