Saturday, November 15, 2008

Finally, a quick and simple snazzy card!


I have the hardest time creating a simple and quick card that still looks snazzy. I've tried all sorts of "5 minute or less" tutorials, but for some reason, I always end up spending too much time on them. I was tickled to death when I checked out Dawn Griffith's tutorial for today "Reverse Masking". I decided to try it and am now pleased to say that I have a quick and simple and SNAZZY card that I can make in under 5 minutes! I can actually whip out 4 of these in about 8 minutes! The pattern is super simple and could be taken and expanded upon very easily. I like the simplicity of the result as it is. Here is a zoom in view of the image to show you how it sparkles...
In her tutorial, Dawn uses Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I don't own any, but am a huge fan of Sugar Coating Glitter from Doodlebug. I used the Sugar Coating in Lily White on the copper and green cards. I used an ultra fine crystalescent glitter by Stupendous for the blue and a fine powder glitter called "Pussycat Pink" for the pinkish card. The result was so beautiful! I think these would make great gift sets!

Materials:
Image: Studio G "Many Thanks" set
Ink: Colorbox Chalk CatEye in Ice Blue, Ice Jade and Warm Violet; Brilliance Dew Drop in Cosmic Copper
Glitter: Doodlebug Sugar Coating "Lily White", Stupendous "Blue", unknown "Pussycat pink"

Thanks for looking!
Glitter Text Generator

2 Words of Love:

Debby said...

Perfect. I love them.

Heather said...

these are so sparkly and pretty! love em

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps