Friday, October 31, 2008

Sweet Magnolia


One of my stamping groups on Cafemom is having an Inspiration Challenge. For this challenge, we are to find our inspiration on a magazine cover. I just happened to have 3 magazines come to me in the mail in the last 2 days, so I was set! I just laid them out in front of me and the one that sparked new ideas was the one I chose. The lucky magazine was my newest Kraft Food & Family Magazine. The nice thing about this particular cover is that it's already got a basic card layout in the shapes. With the mock double stitch ribbon at the bottom, it was super duper easy to adapt. I also knew I wanted to use the word "SWEET" as that word stands out on the magazine. The colors I was feeling were pink, red, black, brown, and white..so I decided that something striped would work perfect. As for the image, well I just happened to be in luck there. My friend and fellow stamper Gill had sent me some Magnolia images and one of them was perfect for this card.

And so without further ado, here is the result of my "inspiration"...I give you "Sweet Magnolia":

I just love the end result! I added the Stickles to the cookies because I wanted to mimic or represent sprinkles. And the heart in the corner just sort of tied it all together. I didn't have a "sweet" stamp, so I used my computer for that then punched it out with my ticket punch. Those are silver Bella Baubles being used. Yep, I really like this card...

Glitter Text Generator

3 Words of Love:

Danielle said...

Very cute Tilda - you made those chocolate cookies look really yum! You have a great blog!

Shemaine said...

This card turned out so beautiful!

Heather said...

Ahh ~ great minds think alike! I was going to use that one as well ... I even used some recipies out of it today for my "Halloween" party at home.:)
This card is adorable!!! What a cute tilda!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps