Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A winner and SMIYC #2 with a bit of Blog Candy


This morning my son gladly assisted me in drawing a winner from last week's sketch challenge. And the winner is....

Dee!!!

I have your address, so be checking your mail for your blog candy!

Thanks to all six of the ladies who tried out my sketch! It was so much fun to see what you came up with!

And now for Lisa's Sketch Me If You Can Challenge for this week...I had fun coming up with this one. I wanted something simple that could be taken to various levels. The 1st layer doesn't have to be distressed, but I would like to see the edge be non-straight. Everything else can be adjusted as long as the design of the original sketch is visible...add as many layers as you want! I worked on my sample a couple days ago and I enjoyed using this layout. I didn't have any chipboard for making the sentiment frame so I made one using cardstock and shaping it with scissors. The second pic shows the card from the side so you can see the way I used dimensionals. I really hope that you will try this card out. You have until MIDNIGHT next Tuesday (9/23) to enter a card. Wednesday morning, I will draw a winner from all the ladies who entered and they will win blog candy. What kind of blog candy?

I have a Cuttlebug Folder package for the winner! It consists of 4 mini folders which I hear are great for doing tags, or smaller scraps. If you don't have a Cuttlebug, don't let that stop you from entering! I will gladly send a different blog candy if the winner is Cuttlebug-less.

I can't wait to see what you create! Make sure you let me know where a pic of your entry is!

I also want to let you know about some BEAUTIFUL and FABULOUS Blog Candy a very talented woman is giving away! Go check out Bev's blog and see for yourself how talented she is!
Glitter Text Generator

9 Words of Love:

Heather said...

This card is beautiful!!! as well as your sketch. Hope I get to play

CraftyCallie said...

Loved the sketch and I LOVE the card I created using it even more! Thanks for the inspiration. You can see my card at the following hot spot: http://craftycallie.blogspot.com/2008/09/lisas-sketch-me-if-you-can-challenge.html

Catherine said...

i missed last weeks sketch but hopefully i can try this one...very pretty!

Heather said...

OOOO Congrats Dee!!! YAY!!!

Gill said...

yeah! you did it, this is where the hyperlink directed me to
lv Gill x

MamaCass07 said...

Great sketch, great winter card! I can't wait to give it a try! I kept meaning to get to your sketch last week. Time just gets right by me!

Shemaine said...

Fun sketch! I posted my entry on my Blog!!

Berenice said...

Hi there!
here is my card

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps