Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Heartfelt Prayer


I was able to have a crafty night last nigth and completed two cards that I'm very proud of. One of them will be for tomorrow's new sketch challenge as a demo, but the other one I will share with you now. The sketch at the right was our new week's sketch for a Cafemom group of mine. I fell in love with this sketch right away, though it turned out far better then I ever imagined. I started off with the flowers and I embossed the outline flower, then the inner heart petals using Pearlessant EP. Those probably took the most time to do of this card. Everything else just came together. I think one of the things I like most about this card is that I went outside my box for supplies. I rarely emboss and I embossed all three flowers twice on each flower. Then you can't see it, but I used two red heart eyelets for lacing the bow. I only use eyelets once in a blue moon, but they seemed perfect for this project. And some of you might notice the lack of Stickles (my trademark)...well, they were going to be in the flower centers, but it didn't look right, so I used the gems instead. Here is another shot of the card from the side so you can see how I used dimensionals for the different things. The flowers are each a different heighth which gives it a nice *pop*. I truly am in love with this card and will be loathe to mail it out! LOL!

Materials:

Image: Flowers and heart petals by ScrappyCat
Sentiment: "praying for you" by Stampabilities
Medium: Stampabilities "Black" and "silver"; Color Box Liquid Chalk "Lipstick Red"
Paper: Paperbilities and Paper Studio
Misc: White Pearlessant EP; Ribbon; dimensionals; Fiskars Heart Border Punch; gemstones; silver cord; heart eyelets; Silver Bella Baubles

Don't forget that Midnight tonight is the deadline for entering this last week's SMIYC challenge. I will be drawing the name of our winner tomorrow morning! Don't miss out on a chance for blog candy!

Glitter Text Generator

3 Words of Love:

MamaCass07 said...

This really is a VERY nice card! You will be a contender, for sure! I am hoping to get to this one tonight or tomorrow!

Heather said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I am lovin this card so much!! I have been so wrapped up in life and Hannahs stuff.. I have missed your blog!!! :( You are doing great with it and all the things you are hosting!

Catherine said...

this is beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps