Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Gift Card Holder Featuring FLUFFLES!!

It was such a nice fall-ish day today! The temp was about 75 and there was a little breeze and then sprinklings of rain...sigh...I just love those days!

My project tonight was done as an entry into a contest one of the groups on Cafemom mom is running this week. I had seen this tutorial, but hadn't tried it yet but now I'm in love with it! For the tutorial we needed to follow the Gift Card Holder pattern, but were allowed to use any themes or styles as long as the image was one we had received in a swap. I decided to make this to hold a gift card I just picked up for one of my piano students. Fluffles the Cat just seemed the obvious choice for me tonight. While I own the Grasshopper Fluffles, I wanted to stick with the theme of using something someone swapped me, so I went with the Ladybug Fluffles I received from a friend on Cafemom. Once I colored my image I decided that I wanted to showcase red in the ladybugs. I just love my red and black polka dot patterned paper from my DCWV Summer MatStack! Because I know some might want them, I will just go ahead and tell you the measurements for the holder. Everything else is done to whatever you desire...






Measurements:

The base of the gift card holder measures 7" x 4.25"
Score it on the long side at 1.5" and 4.5".
Then just fold and decorate!
And to make the pocket for holding the gift card, just use two mini brads.

See, I told you it was simple!

Materials:

*Image: "Ladybug Fluffles" (stampendous); "Ladybug" Itty Bitty Borders (SU!)
*Medium: Brilliance "Graphite Black"; Kimberly WC Pencils w/blender pen
*Paper: Red w/black dots-Summer Mat Stack(DCWV); Yellow textured CS (the Paper Studio; Red CS (the Paper Studio)
*Misc.: Ribbon; "Yellow" and "Cinnamon" Stickles (Ranger); Mini black brads; Dimensionals; 1 5/8" Scalloped round punch; black metallic gel pen

That's it for tonight, but come back tomorrow! I have decided to joint the world of sketch challenges and have a very easy, but fun one for tomorrow!

Thought for the day:
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps