Friday, September 05, 2008

Catching up with four cards

Wow! It's almost been a week since my last post! I'm so sorry, but I've been sooo busy this week! School has given me a lot of homework, and then I also subbed this week. Add to that trying to teach piano and be mommy and wife, and I don't have much time left!

But I'm going to make it up to you today! I have four cards to share. Two are ones that I made myself and the other two are ones my son "made". I will start with mine...

This first one is one that I made earlier this week for my dad's birthday. It was my first Fella to use and you know, I just don't like the Fellas as much as the Bellas...there is just something weird about their faces I think...Anyways, this is a SUPER easy card, but when you are busy sometimes you just can't get to crazy! I didn't have a sentiment that I liked very much so I just used my computer for the card front sentiment. Inside it says "Happy Birthday". I really didn't go overboard but I still like it's simple look.

Materials:

Image: "Fishafella" (stampingbella.com)
Coloring: WC pencils and blender pen
Paper: checkered black paper (unknown); Black CS (paperbilities); Red CS (unknown); White CS (Georgia Pacific)
Misc: thin red ribbon; "Diamond"-Stickles (Ranger); dimensionals; corner rounder punch
Finished Card: 4" x 5 1/2"

My second card took a LOT more time. I snagged the idea from the PaperWorks Magazine (Oct. 2004) in the article on woven cards. In the article their final woven piece is only about 1" x 1" but I wanted mine bigger, so I just added strips until it was the size I loved. I think using the coordinating patterened paper gave it a very bright and cheery look. Perfect for the word "Celebrate".

Materials:
Paper: 4" x 5 1/2" white greeting card; DSP (unknown); Red CS (unknown)

Misc.: "Celebrate" metallic adhesive embellishment; 1/4" grosgrain ribbon

*The square consists of 20 strips cut 1/4" wide by 3 1/2" long to make a 3 1/2" finished woven square.

My next cards are super cute because my son made them for some of the favorite men in his life! Today is my dad's and my husband's birthday so Sethie made them some cute cards. He chose the images himself, then colored them and then I layered them with colors HE chose for me to use. I guided him as he used the edge scissors of his choice on the cards. Then he chose buttons for me to "make sticky" and then he placed them where he wanted them. I was surprised at how neat he lined them up! We stamped "Happy Birthday" on the inside of each one with the color of his choice. He's VERY proud and couldn't wait to take his to daddy when my hubby came in from working today.

Without further ado, here are Seth's creations!

For my dad (aka. Papa)


For Daddy




I think they are adorable and I know that my dad will love his. My husband made a big deal of his which made Seth very happy. And I know he'll add it to the stack of cards that Seth's made him before. But Seth was EXTRA proud of these ones. "I used Mommy's Buttons, Daddy!"

And so there you have it. That was what I accomplished this week in the midst of the chaos! I really hope I can work on more things, but I have to finish my homework first...it's like a prize for me to win! LOL!

Thought for the Day:
"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines." ~Satchel Paige, 1974

Glitter Text Generator

1 Words of Love:

MamaCass07 said...

I love that your son made those cards! He did a nice job! What a great daddy to make a big deal about it! AWe!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps