Sunday, September 07, 2008

Altered Spiral Journal


I did some homework and housework today and rewarded myself with some crafty time! I picked up this little notebook/journal last night at the Dollar Tree for $1. It spoke to me of great potential! LOL! It measures about 6 1/2" x 6" so it was perfect for those extra 6 x 6 pieces I had laying around. I decided to make my altering a lot easier, but going ahead and taking it all apart before attaching anything. Talk about smart move! It was so nice to get it all pieced together before attaching it again! I decorated it for one of my piano students who just won a drawing I held. I knew her favorite color was pink, so I had plenty of paper designs to choose from. I ended up going with one of my favorite pink/brown combinations. I think this is from one of the DCWV glitter Embossed packs. I only had a couple 6 x 6 sheets that someone gave me. I used an extra strip of cardstock right along the spine for contrast.
I adore these ribbons! I don't know if you can tell, but there are 3 different types. One is a hot pink 5/8" width sheer which is probably my most favorite ribbon ever! LOL! Another ribbon is a 3/8" brown sheer with white polka dots and the third is ribbon-yarn in a varigated brown/burgundy. I think all three go perfectly together for this design!
I used my new set of clear alphabet stamps for the monogram. The only thing I don't like is that the set is supposed to give a smudged look and it bugs me! LOL! I stamped it in brown then went over the letters with Fruit Punch Stickles. I used a small flower stamp from my new SU stamp set for between the letters.
I am super excited about the final result of this journal. Inside the front cover I have a piece of hot pink CS on which I stamped some journalling lines. I think my little student is going to be so excited about this! I even picked her up a little hot pink funky pen with a feather and a hot pink crystal flower on the top!

Materials:

6.5" x 6" Spiral Journal
Paper: Glitter Embossed CS (DCWV); Hot Pink CS (generic); White CS (Georgia Pacific); Chocolate Mulberry CS (Paper Company)
Images: Acrylic Alphabet (Paper Studio)
Ink: Cocoa (Color Box Liquid Chalk)
Misc: Pink primas; "Fruit Punch" Stickles (Ranger); 3/6" Sheer chocolate ribbon w/white polka dots; 5/8" Sheer Hot Pink ribbon; 3/8" brown/burgandy Ribbon Yarn; gemstone brad; metallic gel pen

I hope you all have a great week!

Thought for the Night:
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

5 Words of Love:

Heather said...

this is beautiful! I love the way you altered it and the colors.

Paper Makeup said...

looks great!

Gill said...

Gorgeous notebook, great papers and all the ribbons look fabulous
lv Gill x

Catherine said...

love the PP that you used for this one...cute!

Anita Hovey said...

Lisa this is fabulous...I'm dying to know how you got the square holes done so nicely tho...I can't do it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps