Monday, August 04, 2008

Being Naughty at Hobby Lobby

When one of my friends over on Cafemom advised our Card Making Mammas of the weekly Hobby Lobby deals for this week...well, I knew I was a goner. So what's the big problem? Well, the fact that my closest HL is an hour away each way. That's a lot of gas to feed my stampin' habit just to save a few dollars. I resisted and resisted as long as I could, but come 12:30pm, I loaded my son in the car and with the excuse of needing to go find him some big boy underwear and some toddler toothpaste we headed to Ashland!

I ended up getting quite a lot of stuff on sale and only a few non-sale items. All in all I ended up with two unmounted rubber stamp sets, a Changito stamp, a House Mouse stamp, and a Fluffle all 50% off! Then I added to that pile a Spare Parts 600ct. pkg of mini brads in metallics ($5), a pkg of little gold and silver spiral clips ($1.50), a 24 ct package of Watercolor pencils (30% off), and a Brilliance Black Ink pad (40% off). The non-sale items were two spools of ribbon (18 yds ea), Stazon Cleaner, some designer paper and cardstock. Whew! So I spent $50 but ended up saving $30. But you know, looking at it all up there, it doesn't look like I got a lot of stuff! but I added it up and it would have been about $83...And that $50 was an advance to myself for piano lessons I will be teaching this week...so they had better all show up! LOL!

Of course I probably used $20 of those savings in my gas...sigh...

Oh well! LOL!

We did still buy those underwear at my original desination though! LOL! So it's all good! ;)

Needless to say, all of these goodies is making me mighty crafty right now...so I'm signing off tonight with hopes of having some projects to share with you tomorrow!

Thought for the night:
You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice. ~Steven D. Woodhull

Photobucket

4 Words of Love:

Heather said...

thats not naughty ... thats thrifty :) !!!! yay for you! cant wait to see the pretties you make with this stuff! sounds like you got some great deals .. and the PT thing is so cute!! We often can be found letting tommy ray pee off the side of the road. WAY TOO OFTEN I MIGHT ADD :) lol

Marie said...

Wow Lisa! What a score! I am glad you were able to find a lot of good deals. I can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow! Aloha, Marie.

MamaCass07 said...

Man, I am going to have to bite the bullet and keep going when I go by our Lobby today. DH and I are trying to cut back...that means me, LOL. Oh, well! The good thing about the Lobby is that there are always sales!

Perfecting Imperfection said...

Hey! Check my blog... you've been given the Brilliante award by yours truly! It will have instructions on what to do :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps