Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School and a bit of craftiness

Today was my first day at college...again...LOL! I can't even believe it's already been ten years since my TRUE first day of college. Sooo much has happened and I've definitely matured since then...and now here I am going to school with kids who used to be me...Oy! LOL!

Anyways, my first class is going to be interesting. English is usually one of my best subjects, but this particular English class is "Composition and Argumentation". This basically means, we read something then have to write a persuasion paper on it. I HATE writing persuasion papers! LOL!

But my second and only other class is easily going to be my favorite...It's my first Education class..."Intro to the Teaching Profession". The professor is fabulously animated and fun which makes the class that much more enjoyable. I don't want to spend too long going on about it, so we'll just leave it at that.

Now on to my bit of craftiness...

I ended up working on altering my large composition book to be used for listing my assignments. Today as I was writing down my homework, I just kept thinking about how darn boring that thing was! LOL! Needless to say when I came home, it was my goal to work on "jazzing" it up. It really helped that I made a Hobby Lobby run between my classes to take advantage of their great sales. I found some paper that I love! I used that particular paper and matched it with another great floral image that my friend Dee sent me.

Materials:

Large Composition Notebook
Image: "Dainy Daisies"- April 2003 SOTM (Great Impressions)
Paper: DSP "Rainbow Leaves" (Paper Studio); CS "DS Mulberry Chocolate/Tan" (Paper Co.)
Misc: flowers; 1/4" grosgrain ribbon; "Fruit Punch" & "Cinnamon" Stickles (Ranger); green adhesive gems; dimensionals

It will be so fun to use this in class starting Thursday!

Well that's it for tonight. It's movie night at our house and tonight we're watching "Lady and the Tramp" one of my most favorite Disney movies. This will be Seth's first time seeing it!

Thought for the Day:
"Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job." ~Franklin P. Jones



4 Words of Love:

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful, Lisa! I love how you stickled the daisies! You are so talented!!

The wallflower said...

too cute!!!
as to your question, I've used ds scotch tape but I think it's a pain. the sticky strip is REALLY sticky, and easier, for me anyways.

Catherine said...

love this

Heather said...

yes, i use skotch too.. I need sticky strip!!! Congrats on going back to college. I know it must be amazing, hard, fun .. just a new experience altogether. i know how excited you must be!!!

Your altered notebook is amazing! i love everything about it!!!

Hope Seth liked the movie. It is a fave here too. I don't have any Disney movies I havent loved or cried at , lol. My faves are Airel and Beauty and the beast to name a few. My hubbys is fox and the hound.. there are so many!!! hope you had a great evening

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps