Monday, August 11, 2008

Pop-up Accordion Birthday

Here is the card that I started last night and finished this morning. It is a new pattern that I was interested in trying out. It's called a Pop-Up Accordion Card and is relatively easy to make. I don't own a Coluzzle or other circle maker, so I had to use circles for a pattern that I received from a friend and then cut them out by hand. I sanded the edges to make them more round. I don't own a Cuttlebug, but I've been the recipient of many RAK's containing CB fronts for me to use and this was one of them. It really helped me put the card together. You can tell from what the inside of it looks like, how it earned it's name. I was tickled to be able to use one of my new little Studio G birthday sets for the inside images. You can't tell very well, but the first tab is a slice of birthday cake. The next one is a pic of three candles and the last picture is of a present. I wrote on each tab "Celebrate", "Party" and "Best Wishes" with my silver gel pen and I think it made it work. I could have added more things, but I think it looks fine.

Materials:

Card Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Image: Cakeabella (stampingbella); Studio G Mini Clear
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black; Liquid Chalk
Paper: White CS (Georgia Pacific); Purple (generic)
Misc: ribbon; stickles-Stardust, lavender, yellow; adhesive mini gems; scallop punch; dimensionals

I hope to have something else to share later, but it's so nice outside, I want to spend plenty of time playing with my son today!

Lisa

2 Words of Love:

Catherine said...

how cool is this card...i've never seen this before, gotta try it =)

Marie said...

Great job on the circles! I couldn't tell you hand carved it until you said so. Cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps