Monday, August 18, 2008

New Crafting Area

I am just so tickled to finally have my own little area for projects, homework or whatever! I've been wanting a desk of my own for quite awhile, but especially since I really started collecting all my supplies for card making. After begging long enough, my hubby decided he would make one for me just how I wanted it. He bought the supplies (about $80) and set to work and after about 4 random days of working on it, he finished it last night. The funny thing is that we totally forgot to measure the doorway to make sure that the desk would be able to be put into the office. This caused quite the drama until my hubby finally decided to take off the entire door frame! LOL! Who knew an inch could cause so much trouble! LOL! Today I worked hard at getting everything moved onto and around the desk and it was so much fun to have a place for everything to go! The next few pics show you what my desk now looks like: Per my special request, he built me a shelf underneath that is re-inforced to withstand the weight of my paper bins. I'm sooo loving it! And last but not the least, here's my desktop. I love having all that space! I also dug out an old jewelry box to use for random embellishments/hardware. The only thing I need to fix is that my desk is super slick. I think I need to put some of that sponge like stuff that you use in the kitchen cabinets under everything on my desk. I'll probably pick some up tomorrow at the dollar store.

I cannot wait to start "crafting" at my new table!! It will be so fun to use and also great for when I start having homework. Plenty of space for books and stuff. Thanks for looking!

Thought for the day:
I stamp therefore I am - broke. ~Author Unknown


2 Words of Love:

Marie said...

Wow! Congrats on the new desk/area! It looks great!

Gill said...

Wow, great new craft area, love the desk, I'm still struggling on the dining table, so not jealous at all lol!
lv gill x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps