Friday, August 01, 2008

Mojo Card


I have wanted to participate in Julee's Mojo Monday for awhile, but it wasn't until this week that I had the time to work on it. I really loved the sketch and wanted to try it out. I was getting inspiration today from two new spools of ribbon: one in teal and the other in purple; so I decided to try to use that and put together my card. It started great until I realised the paper I wanted to use was more roseish then purple. LOL! My picture really doesn't do the card justice. I used the grid technique on the blue. It was my first time doing that and I like the way it looked. As I'm not fortunate to have a scallop border punch (YET!) I just took the guard off of my corner rounder for the border. This second photo shows you a bit closer so you can see the dimensionals I used. I really like this quote and thought it matched my little happy house mouse quite nicely!

Materials:

Card size 5 x 7
Paper: generic CS; PP (unknown)
Image: dancing amanda (House Mouse); Smarty Pants (SU)
Misc: ribbon; stickles (diamond); metallic adhesive gems; 1 5/8 scallop punch; 1" circle punch

Instead of my thought for tonight, I'm using a video for tonight...I hope you enjoy the words to this song as much as I did when I first heard it!



Meredith Andrews "You're Not Alone"

Have a great weekend!

3 Words of Love:

Paper Makeup said...

ok, first of all... can i say what a big smile went across my face when i heard the rainbow connection start playing! Love it!

Ok, that already said...

i love that quote too. what is it from??

Marie said...

Beautiful! I love your touches to this card! I am glad that you came to join the Mojo Challenges, they are SO fun!

Julee from Verve said...

So adorable. Thanks for playing! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps