Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Miss You

I have had so much fun today playing with my new HL goodies! I started digging into them last night as I was dying to find out whether or not I had made a good buy with my Brilliance Ink Pad. I've been so frustrated lately with the quality of images that I've been stamping. I didn't know if it was the paper, ink or what...so when someone suggested that I change my ink I jumped on the idea. When I started stamping with Flowahbella last night I did a dance after the first image came out. She was so crisp and clean and dark! I guess it was the ink...although I was also using a new stamp pad too. I don't care which it was, because I was happy with the result!

Once she was stamped I had to try out my new watercolor pencils and it was so fun to have more then 12 colors to choose from! The package I purchased is a different brand and so I actually have a total of 36 colors to choose from as no two colors are the same. I love variety! LOL!

I decided that I would use my new papers I snagged yesterday and put together another Bella card. I was determined to use as much NEW stuff as possible. For a "recipe" to help me out, I pulled out a copy of a sketch that I love from iheart2stamp.com which I hadn't worked on yet. This one came together soooo easy for me since I had some fabulous coordinated DP already to choose from with matching CS! I have learned to go ahead and buy papers that way. Saves me a LOT of time down the road. I noticed that I didn't have a good flower in my Prima collection to use, but one of the DP's I bought was covered with flowers and since it matched perfectly, it was only natural for me to just cut out one of them. I curled the edges just a little to give it shape. I'm not sure if you can tell, but I used my paper piercer on the edges of my maroon layer. It really helped eliminate the plainess of that layer. And for the first time ever, I trimmed up Flowahbella! I don't know why I never tried that before cause it was so easy. At the last second I opted to add the sentiment...partially cause I wanted to fill the space-but mostly because I wanted to try out one of my new sentiment stamps from yesterday! And because no Lisa original is complete without them, I added Stickles to Bella's dress. I left the flowers alone this time because I wanted MORE sparkle! I really like the way this card came out and the colors were so much fun! I only wish I had purchased MORE of them!

Materials:

Card Size: 5 x 7
Image: Flowahbella (stampingbella.com); Sentiments (Savor Faire by Inque Boutique)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black; Color Box Cat Eye Cocoa
Paper: CS and DSP (loose sheets from Hobby Lobby)
Embellishments: mini brads (spare Parts)
Misc.: Stardust Stickles; Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!


1 Words of Love:

The wallflower said...

Cute! I'm glad you solved you ink delimma. sometimes you just have to go with expensive stuff. Great job!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps