Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The little sketch that couldn't


When I started stamping tonight my goal was to make my entry for the Cafemom Sketch challenge this week. Sadly, my little sketch was the sketch that couldn't and it morphed into something else (it was supposed to have two boxes). I still like the end result. It was really my first time using almost all black but I love black on things, so I'm happy with the way it turned out. The stamp was a new one which I was RAK'd today. I'm soo in love with it. But now I'm going to have to attempt that sketch challenge again...what a crying shame?! LOL!


Materials:

Finished Card: 5" x 7"
Image: "Flower Trio" by Rhonna Farrer
Ink: "Starlight Silver" (Brilliance Metallic)
Paper: Black CS; Black/Grey DSP
Misc: Silver ribbon; Stickles-"Diamond"; Adhesive mini gems; non-adhesive gems; silver metallic pen

This card is my entry into this week's Card Challenge for the same Cafemom group as the sketch challenge was for. Our challenge this week was to use the new technique of collage stamping. I had never done this technique before and was honestly a little intimidated by it. But once I read the directions through the hardest step was choosing inks and stamps. I was feeling fall and I have quite a few fallish stamps. I am happy with the result.

Materials:

Finished Card: 5" x 7"
Image: "4 mini leaves 2" by Autumn Leaves; "Fall is in the air" by Studio G: Leaves Background stamp
Inks: "Amber clay" (color Box Chalk ink); "Cocoa" (Color Box Pigment); "Galaxy Gold" and "Cosmic Copper" (Brilliance Metallic)
Paper: Large offwhite Greeting card
Misc: 1" brown ribbon; maple leaves; gold cord; gold brads; white Pearl embossing powder

Whew, my eyeballs are screaming at me to take out my contacts, so I'm off for the night. More card making is scheduled for tomorrow!

Thought for the Day:

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


3 Words of Love:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

I love that first stamp... I have it... and it's definitely my current favorite!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Love that black. It looks so sophisticated & the hit of silver and glitter is perfect. I see the two boxes I do, I do! ;o) Love the way you did the collage stamping. I've never tried that either, but you make it look awesome! :O)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps