Monday, August 04, 2008

Creativity flows again


I decided last night that since I didn't have the "juices" to create a card, I'd try my hand at a notebook. I really wanted to use this embossed glitter cardstock that I picked up at Michaels and I think that it works well with the other blue cardstock. I wasn't feeling too excited about it, but I think it looks okay put together. I actually looks much better today now that the Stickles have dried. I used the Stickles to give the flower a bit more zest and then dots along the spine. I think that when you consider it was my first every item that I have altered it doesn't look too bad!

Materials:

Large Composition notebook
Paper: Glitter CS(2 @ 6 x 10), Generic CS(4 x 10)
Misc.: Prima; Stickles (diamond); ribbon

After I finished this notebook, I felt my juices starting to return to me and I was actually inspired to work on the sketch challenge for the Beyond the sketch Tuesday challenge that my friend Heather offers on her Craftastic Times with Heather blog. You have to check it out if you haven't already. She is sooo talented and has very informational posts with tips and tricks!

This was the sketch that she posted. We are allowed to interpret it as we like; however, we have to keep the basic structure of the original sketch in our design. At first after seeing all my friend's entries into this challenge I was disheartened about it and had decided NOT to try it out. My friends are sooooooo talented beyond belief (Jessica, Heather, Marie!) that their creations always blow me away! But something told me last night that I needed to try it anyways. Honestly I think I came up with one of my most elegant cards I've ever made! I have had this patterned paper in my stash for awhile...just waiting for something to use it on. It is from a very cool 12 x 12 pack I found at the Dollar Tree of all places! LOL! The cardstock is from a set of doublesided cardstock I found at Dollar General. You never know just when you might find something useful at those places! LOL! I loved using my large flourish stamp for the side image. The gold just added a lot. I needed something for a ribbon decoration but couldn't find anything. Then I remembered some sequins in my stash and they worked to add just a little bit more. I don't know if you can count them, but there are 9 square sequins to match the 9 patchwork pieces! I also used my gold pen to outline a few pieces of the patchwork squares. Not many. Just a couple. I didn't glitter the flourishes until after the card was completed. I went ahead and took pics of it, but I didn't like it for some reason. So I pulled out my glue pen and gold glitter and then the result was just what I felt it needed. I really really like the finished card and I am glad I went ahead and did this challenge!

Materials:

Card size: 5 x 7
Paper: Generic PP and CS
Image: Large Acrylic Flourish
Ink: Brilliance Metallic Galaxy Gold
Misc: gold gel pen; gold glitter; CTMH organza ribbon; gold cord; sequins; adhesive gemstones

And for an update, my lovely Aunt Flo showed up today thus eliminating any further anxious waiting. So our adventures in trying to conceive continue. It will all happen in God's time...I just have to keep reminding myself of that whenever I get discouraged.

Thanks to all of you who sent me messages last night to cheer me up! I really and truly appreciate it! I value my friendship with you all soooo much!

4 Words of Love:

Marie said...

I love both projects! They both turned out great! I like how you used glitter on both projects. I also love how you incorporated the gold into your own interpretation. A fun color, yeah?

The wallflower said...

They are both beautiful! glad you got your mojo back! lol, praying for a BFP on tuesday!!

Catherine said...

Love both of them and that a great sketch to work with..very pretty!

Heather said...

i LOVE the altered notebook and the card is lovely and your paper is beautiful!!!!!! It's funny.. last night I couldn't find it in me to make a card and I altered a clip board:) lol. funny how these things happen:)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps