Monday, August 25, 2008

Button Button Who's Got the Button?


Well it's hard to believe but I FINALLY have made a button card. I've had those buttons just sitting in that jar taunting me...but NO MORE! I had some cute paper that just screamed "buttons" and so I used it for a birthday card. I actually like the way it turned out. It's "fun"!

Materials:

Paper: White Greeting Card; DSP from the Summer MatStack(DCWV)
Misc: buttons; "Happy Birthday" Rub-ons; "Stardust" Stickles

Finish Project: 4" x 5 1/2"

I also worked on another card for my best friend. She and her husband just celebrated their 6th wedding anniversary and I wanted them to have something special. I just love this House-mouse stamp and I think the paper went perfectly with it! One of my friends RAK'd me a heart border punch and I loved using it with this card. You can't see it, but the solid CS at the bottom of the card is a strip that I used the heart border punch on. So while it's closed it's just a contrasting color, but when it's open I has a heart border on it. I even saved the little heart punches and put them to use on the image and then Stickled them for more shine. I also made a coordinating envelope using the the card front background in my heart border punch.

Materials:

Paper: Red/Pink/Green/White embossed CS; White Greeting Card base; red CS
Image: "Tails of True Love" (house-mouse.com)
Coloring: WC pencils and blender pen
Misc: dimensionals; heart border punch (fiskars); "Diamond" Stickles; "Daisy" Edge Scissors (Fiskars); sage w/dots ribbon; mini adhesive gems

Finished Project:
5 1/2" x 4"

This week is going to be super busy for me as I start school tomorrow! Then between a pediatrician visit for my son on Wednesdday, a couple days of piano lessons, school on Thursday and then subbing on Friday---this week will go by fast!

1 Words of Love:

Catherine said...

Lisa, both cards are adorable and can you believe i have not made a button card...LOL! and i had to say i'm a sucker for HM stamp...too cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps