Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Boxy Birthday


I was able to work on the Birthday card for my sister-in-law last night and I love how it turned out. I used the card at the left for my inspiration. It was in the November 2003 issue of Scrap & Stamp (pg. 29) and I just liked the layout a lot. So I cased it for my birthday card. I kept most of the dimensions the same though I had to tweak it a little to get my image to work. I don't like that I couldn't get a straight pic for some reason, but I really wanted to show you the colors in the right light.

As you can see, I turned it up to have my image in the upper left as the image (Surpriseabell w/hat) was a long and tall image. I used some of the paper that is my fave for making birthday cards. It just screams fun and birthdays! LOL! I stuck with just two main colors of rust orange and red as I didn't want it to be too busy. At the last minute I filled up the three smaller rectangles with a balloon rub-on as I didn't like the empty space. I think my final result turned out very nice and that my Sister-in-law will love it.

Materials:

Paper: White CS (Georgia Pacific); Red and rusty-orange CS; Striped Birthday Paper (Dollar Tree)
Image: Surpriseabella w/hat (stampingbella.com)
Coloring: WC pencils w/blender pen
Ink: Kaleidacolor-Calypso
Misc: Adhesive mini gemstones; "Happy Birthday" 5/8" ribbon; Stickles-Diamond and Waterfall; Rub-ons; fingertip daubers

Finished Card: 5 1/2" Square

I probably won't be on again today so I hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday and start to their weekend!

Thought for the Day:
"Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."" ~A.A. Milne


2 Words of Love:

Lori said...

I am always amazed at the stuff that you have time for....stuff I wish I did.

Catherine said...

love both cards =)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps